Chapter 1- Living without you

word count: 1.2k
Baileys pov:
i cant do this anymore. i miss them so much. both of them. i could just write back to Mattheo, i know this but i just... cant. i dont have it in me.

since i lost my dad and Mattheo in the span of 2 weeks, ive spent my summer in my room, coming out for food, water and to go to the bathroom. thats it. people have tried to get me out, yeah, but i havent wanted to.

until today.

after 2 months of begging me to go for out shopping, i finally agreed to go out with Hermione and Ginny. they werent gonna let it go anyway. i know they just wanna distract me from the wreck that is my life at the minute, but hey! distractions are exactly what i need.

i get out of bed at 12, and go to the bathroom. my hairs greasy so i decide to have a shower. after my shower, i feel way cleaner and have a brighter outlook on life. i towel dry my hair, and dry myself and put on a pair of jeans and a baggy t-shirt, adding my rings, necklace and bracelet. i put on my runners and check my outfit in the mirror.

i then do my makeup

i then do my makeup. since it was my first time leaving the house in 2 months, i went for a natural look of just concealer, mascara and lip gloss. when i finish, i walk downstairs and into the kitchen of Number 12 Grimmauld Place- my dads house.

"oh dear, you look beautiful, its so good to see you dressed up again." mrs weasley comments, upon seeing me. she was preparing lunch for everyone.  i smile at her.

"thanks molly, is ginny here?" bailey asks, looking for her.

"yeah, shes in the family tree room." she answers, going back to cut up some vegetables to make soup. i mumble a thanks, and walk to the family tree room.

i havent come into this room since i came back from school for summer. its a painful reminder that sirius is gone, so in all honesty, ive been avoiding it. i walk in and see ginny looking at all the names. she turns when she hears my footsteps.

she smirks "hello stranger." she teases. i roll my eyes.

"i will go back to my room if youre gonna be a bitch" i say, laughing.

"you look really pretty bails." ginny smiles, coming over for hug. i hold her to my chest.

"we ready to go?" she asks, breaking the hug.

"yup, lets go." i say.

we met Hermione in London and we go around all the muggle shops. we laugh, and as we try on clothes in the shops.

"this is wayyyy too small, i cant even get it over my head." hermione says, taking off the jumper she was attempting to try on, laughing. me and ginny laugh along with her as she goes to get a bigger size.

"i need some new hoodies, so im gonna have a look in the mens section, they always have better hoodies" i say to the girls, leaving and walking to the mens section. i pick up a few of the hoodies to inspect them closer when i hear my name being called. but it wasnt hermione or ginnys voice. no, this voice was much deeper.

"bailey." the voice says. i turn and see him.

'oh god, not here, i cannot deal with this right here, right now.' i think.

Mattheo.

Mattheo is standing a little ways infront of me, also looking at the hoodies. he looks... different. his hair is longer at the sides then it usually was, he looks tired. very tired. he walks towards me, reaching for me, but i cringe back. looking hurt, he takes a step back and puts his hands to his sides.

"bailey please, talk to me. i know that being around me hurts you, but i really, really miss you. i havent been able to sleep or even eat properly. im so sorry, please just talk to me." he begs.

"im just, not ready mattheo. of course, i miss you, but the cut that your mum left is too deep for me to just forget about so soon. i lost my dad, the only dad ive even known. yeah, it hurts not being with you but knowing hes gone, forever, and that i could stop it hurts more. im sorry, i just... need more time." i say, walking back to the girls. thankfully, he doesnt follow me.

i can feel the tears in my eyes. i fan my eyes with my hand quickly to make sure it doesnt look like ive nearly cried. i put on my happiest smile and meet back up with the girls.

"did you not find a hoodie you liked?" hermione asks. i only now realise i put the hoodie down whilst talking to mattheo. i dont wanna have to go back there incase hes still there, so i agree. hermione and ginny pay for the clothes and we quickly leave the shop.

"im kinda hungry, can we go get food somewhere?" i ask. they both agree and we go to a restaurant on the other side of the shopping centre.

'hopefully we wont bump into mattheo here.' i think. seeing mattheo has really drained me, but i know i have to act fine or else the girls will question me about it and i dont wanna dwell on the meeting more then needed.

"hey girls, ill be your waiter today, what can i get for yous?" the waiter asks. we order our food and drinks and sit and chat about the day. i really wish i had bought the hoodie because i feel really cold in the restaurant.

"you ok there lee?" ginny asks, seeing me shaking.

"yeah, just cold." i say.

"here, you can borrow this then." ginny replies, going into her bag of newly bought clothes and handing me a jumper.

"oh, you sure?" i question, as she nods it. "thanks" i add, smiling. i take the jumper and put it over my head.

our food arrives and i suddenly feel the hunger in my stomach. i shovel my food into my mouth, barely giving time to chew.

"jesus bailey, calm down, its not going anywhere. youre shoving the food in your mouth like ron, and thats saying something." hermione laughs, causing the both me and ginny to start laughing.

"sorry, just felt really hungry there" i say, in between laughs.

we finish our food, pay and leave. we go back to Grimmauld Place. mr and mrs weasley, the twins, harry and ron all greet us there.

"oh yeah, there was a delivery for you bails, it was a brown package, its on your bed." harry informs her.

"oh, thanks." i say, going upstairs to see what it is.

i get into my room, and see the brown package, sitting on my bed. i sit down beside it, take it onto my lap and start to open it. i tear off the brown paper and im left with the hoodie i was holding when i was talking to mattheo, folded up neatly in the package. confused, i pick it up, and unfold it to get a look, seeing a piece of paper drop down. i pick up the piece of paper, and immediately recognise the writting as mattheos.

it was really good to see you today. ive missed you. i still love you
- M