Chapter 2~ The hoodie

TW: CIGARETTE AND ALCOHOL USE
word count: 1k
Mattheos POV:
"i saw her today. in london." i say.

"saw who?" theo asks, taking out two cigarettes and lighting one, then handing me the other along with the lighter.

we were sitting in the park near theos house, at the benches, just chatting.

"bailey. i saw her in london. she looked so good." i explain, putting the cigarette in my mouth and light it. i take a puff and exhale the smoke.

"did you tell her?" theo inquires. i know exactly what hes talking about- and, i didnt. i shouldve, but she seemed so upset when she saw me, that i just couldnt.

"no, i didnt tell her." i say. "i shouldve, i know, but it wasnt the right time. ill wait until we get back to school. so only 4 weeks to wait."

"so tell me what happened when you met her. tell me everything." theo says, turning to face me. i begin to tell him how i was walking around Victoria Place in london, and that i went into a shop and saw hermione and ginny.

i then tell him how i assumed that bailey would be with them. "so i went for a look around and found her in the MENS HOODIE SECTION." i say, emphasising on the 'mens hoodie section'.

"no way." theo gasps. "you know what that means?" i shake my head "it means she misses you. shes looking at the mens section for hoodies, and you told me when you were together, she would steal your hoodies because they were big on her." once he finished talking, he takes a deep breath in of his cigarette and exhales it.

"she was looking at this one hoodie, it was a grey one and had "chicago usa" on it, i think, but when we were talking, she put it down, and left, so i bought it and had an owl deliver it to her house." i explain.

"wow, romantic." theo says, sarcastically, putting out his smoke.

"i wrote a note and left it with the hoodie." i add, rolling my eyes at him. i put out my cig, and turn to grab the bottle of vodka.

"what did you say on it?" theo asks, intrigued. he takes the vodka from my hand and takes a swig, straight from the bottle.

"just that it was good to see her, that i missed her and i still love her." i answer. theo spits out his drink in shock. "what?"

"now you seem desperate 'i still love you'. mate, youre such a simp." theo laughs.

"would you rather i lie to her and tell her ive lost feelings for her? play hard to get? bailey isnt the type of girl to play that, or to like being played like that, so im gonna stick with being honest." i say.

we drink some more then eventually agree to go back to theos when we see its starting to get dark outside. i stay in theos until like 3 am, when i eventually have to go home, as much as i dont want to.

i go home and go straight to my room, avoiding my parents. this is what the last 2 months have been like- going out, getting high, drunk, coming home late and avoiding them.

my mum knows what she did. she killed my girlfriends dad, now, bailey wont talk to me. so, now, i dont consider her family. i stay at their house during the night, leave at the start of the day and come back in the early hours of the morning. i dont talk to them. why would i?

they ruined mine and my girlfriends life. i am not their son. i dont want to be associated with them.

**************************************
"why wont you talk to me, son?" mum asked, confused.

"oh, i dont know, its not like you literally killed my girlfriends dad or anything. she broke up with me because of you." i shout.

"good, love makes you weak son." dad says.

"no its not good, he meant so much to her, she literally refuses to talk to me because of you." i complain. why cant they get it in their heads? im not them.

"mattheo-" mum begins.

"no i dont wanna hear it. the night you killed Sirius was the night you lost me forever." i say, angrily.

**************************************
after the whole conversation, i stormed out. i went to theos.

when i get home, i go straight to my room. they havent tried to talk to me, because they know i wont listen. in my room i get ready for bed.

lying in bed, the only thing i can think of is the times me and bailey lay in bed, talking about whatever came to mind. its times like this that i really miss just holding her in my arms.

i hear a light tapping on my window. surprised, i get up and look and see sakura. baileys owl.

"sakura? what are you-" i say before seeing the letter attached to her leg.

i take the letter from her, and with shaking hands, i open it.

mattheo
i know sirius death isnt your fault, and i do still care about you, but it hurts, the fact that your mum killed him. if you wanna meet up and properly talk about it, ill be in terry's cafe at 1 on thursday.
Bailey

"holy fuck." i say. i give sakura a pet and a bit of a crust left over from my sandwich last night. she chews happily on it.

as sakura takes off, i close my window and get back into bed, still smiling.

'wow, she isnt even here and shes still making me smile.' i think.

i only have to wait 2 days. im gonna tell her then. im gonna tell her that im not Bellatrix and Voldemorts son. i cant wait until school, not when shes literally told me to meet up with her.

i have to tell her. i owe it to her.