SHE'S IN THE RAIN (Last)

[Timothy's POV]

I took a trembling breath as I stepped out of the car, my heart heavy with an indescribable ache. I mustered a feeble smile, desperate to shield her from the depths of my sorrow. She deserved to see me strong, to believe that I could carry on without her.

"It's the least I can do," I whispered, my voice quivering, as I presented her favorite sunflowers. The vibrant blooms stood in stark contrast to the somberness of the moment.

"They're beautiful, aren't they? Just like you," I managed to say, my voice cracking with unshed tears. Oh, how I longed to see her radiant smile once more, to bask in the warmth of her presence.

"Do you know these are the last sunflowers from your beloved flower shop? That heartless vendor nearly sold them to someone else," I chuckled, a bitter laugh laced with pain. "Please don't laugh if I tell you I almost fought a kid."

"Naalala mo pa ba 'yung unang date natin? Kasi kung ako ang tatanungin, oo, naalala ko lahat tungkol sa 'yo," patuloy ko.

The memories flooded my mind, a bittersweet mixture of joy and sorrow. How could I forget our first date, every detail etched in my soul? The way she lit up the room in her yellow dress, the delicate fragrance of her favorite perfume, the way her laughter danced like music in my ears.

"On every occasion, this flower has been my offering to you," I murmured, holding out the sunflower, as if reaching out to touch her once more. My trembling hand lingered, unable to let go of the symbol of our love.

"And do you know what puzzles me? How you never tire of its beauty," I whispered, my voice cracking under the weight of my longing. How I yearned for her to provide answers, to soothe the ache in my soul.

"During our memorable beach trip, while we sat atop the car, gazing at the setting sun, I posed the same question that plagued me. You responded, saying that the sunflower reminded you of the vibrant hues of a sunset," I reminisced, a wistful expression crossing my face.

"Sunflowers and sunsets, two things that captivated your heart," I remarked softly, a touch of longing in my voice.

"I playfully expressed my jealousy, feigning hurt that you hadn't mentioned me," I admitted, a gentle chuckle escaping my lips.

"I asked you, sunflowers and sunsets, or me?" I recalled, a fond smile gracing my features as I relived the memory.

"Without a moment's hesitation, you chose sunflowers and sunsets, capturing my heart with a tender kiss," I whispered, a mixture of affection and sorrow in my tone.

"You knew my weakness all along," I admitted, a nostalgic sigh escaping me. But suddenly, a heavy silence enveloped us, signaling the weight of my loss.

"I miss you, and I'm sorry," I whispered, my voice choked with grief. 

"Hindi ko kayang mahanap ang kaligayahan, dahil ikaw ang kaligayahan ko, at ngayon... ngayon wala ka na," nahihirapang sabihin, ang luha'y umaagos sa ibabaw ng libingan niya. "Patawad," marahan kong pinunas ang mga ito gamit ang likod ng aking kamay. "Patawad. Alam kong ayaw mong makita akong umiiyak."

"Pero hindi ko na kayang itago ito, kaya pinapaumanhin ko," humahagulgol kong sambit. "Pa-patawad"

"Sa ngayon, pakiusap ko lang, bigyan mo ako ng pagkakataon na umiyak," pakiusap ko.

Unable to bear the weight of my grief any longer, I crumbled to my knees before her grave, my body convulsing with sobs. The world around me faded into insignificance as I poured out my heart, my anguish echoing through the desolate cemetery.

"I miss your scent, your smile, your laughter. I miss the way you awakened my soul and nourished me with your love. I miss the sight of you adorned in your yellow dresses," I wailed, each word carrying the weight of an eternity.

"I miss your tender kisses, and oh, how I miss y-you," I choked out, the memories of our shared moments flooding my mind, overwhelming me with a profound sense of loss.

In that bleak moment, a surge of cold wind swept through the cemetery, causing the dry grass to sway in melancholic harmony. The sky, once bright and full of life, darkened, mirroring the depths of my sorrow.

As the chilling breeze kissed my tear-stained cheeks, I found solace in its embrace, as if her ethereal essence enveloped me. The world seemed to fade away, leaving only the weight of my longing, my love, and my shattered heart.

"Mahal kita, palagi," bulong ko sa hangin, ang mga salita ko'y dala ng malalakas na ulan.

The last memory I had of her was she was in the rain

________________________________________________________________________________

THE END