Chapter 21 Noah

"Noah?" Evie's sweet voice asked. Her head was resting on my chest, my arms wrapped around her tightly as we laid in the dark watching some Disney movie she had picked out.

"Yes, my love?"

"I don't want you to go to Massachusetts and do anything stupid." She said sheepishly. I adjusted her in my arms so I could see her big, blue doe eyes.

"Who said I was thinking about going to Massachusetts?" I asked. She gave me an I'm not stupid look, competely calling me out.

"Okay, okay, fine. The thought had crossed my mind." I admitted.

"I don't want you to go." She said again.

"He hurt you, Everleigh, he needs to know that the punishment for that is severe. Everyone needs to know that." I softly brushed my fingers across her cheek.

"I don't want you to get into a fight because of me." She pouted. I laughed at her,

"Love, I'll go to war over you." She glared at me, clearly not approving of that idea.

"You can't argue with that, Evie, it's no use. I will fight for you. I'll fight anyone, anytime, any place. There's nothing more important to go to war over than you." Her bottom lip pushed out in an adorable little pouty face.

"Fine. But, I still don't want you to go to Massachusetts. If you want to make me happy, you won't go." She said defiantly.

"That's fighting dirty, little mate." I warned her. She shrugged smugly.

"Okay, I won't go to Massachusetts. But, if he comes here or if I'm forced to go there to solve one of his messes, I'm beating him within an inch of his life." I said matter-of-factly. Evie looked at me like she wanted to argue, but pressed her lips together silently instead.

"Compromise?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. She rolled her eyes,

"Fine." She adjusted herself on my chest, moving her head to watch the movie. I laid my cheek against the top of her head and breathed in her scent.

The movie played on and I relished every minute I got to hold my mate in my arms. I smiled as she hummed along to the songs and giggled at the movie. She had the most amazing laugh, I found myself getting lost in it. The credits rolled on the movie and I felt my mate stretch out against me. She sat up and turned to face me with a sleepy look in her eyes. I brushed the hair away from her face,

"You look tired." I observed. She nodded sluggishly,

"Let me take you home." I started to stand but Evie stopped me, grabbing my hand and pulling me closer to her.

"Wait." She said, I raised my eyebrows at the look on her face, it was an expression I didn't recognize. She placed one of her hands on my face, rubbing her thumb across my cheek bone. I purred in approval as Evie gnawed on her bottom lip.

"You're playing a dangerous game, Everleigh." I said, my voice growing huskier by the second. Her eyes swirled with anticipation, I could smell the desire radiating off of her and something told me she enjoyed the game she was playing. I grabbed her arms and pulled her across my lap in a single motion.

"What do you want, love?" I asked her, running my hands up her back.

"Kiss me." She said without an ounce of hesitation in her voice.

Remi howled in my head as I smashed her lips to mine. I felt her arms go around my neck as my hands ran across her body. I moved my hands down her back and to her hips, pulling her as close to me as I could. Her hands moved to my chest, clutching my shirt in her grip as she tried to get closer.