chapter one

"I know, Ash! I'll be just fine. " Jolene said to her friend who insisted on taking her home.
"Just let me come with you! It's late! There's not a single soul out there. " he pushed.
"Oh please Ash! I'm not a fucking child. I literally live two blocks away. "
"Alright then. Just call me when you get back. " Ash gave up. "I'll see you tomorrow! "
Jolene waved back happily and closed the door of his house behind her. The cold wind brushing her cheeks, making her shiver, even though it was the middle of June.

Why the hell was he so overprotective all of the sudden? What happened to the fun Ash she knew?

Many such thoughts kept crossing her mind, as she was crossing the street, now standing in front of an old house.

You know, one of those abandoned houses every desperate teenager wants to get in. It had two floors, big windows, that were blocked by wooden planks and a nice garden, full of dead flowers. Rumors, or maybe fairytales say that this house is haunted by the souls of little kids, who were left to die. It is said that every night, neighbors could hear them cry, thirsty for revenge.

What a silly ghost story!

Or at least, that's what Jolene thought.

All of the sudden, she could feel her legs go numb. The next second, she was flying closer to the house. She could indeed hear the kids, even louder now. The front door swang open, allowing her to fly inside the house. As soon as she did so, the door closed behind her with a loud bang.

Fuck.

What in the Scooby Doo was that?- she thought, still terrified from what happened just a few minutes earlier.

She was in a dark room, most likely a living room, as she could tell by the very little light coming through the badly closed windows. Voices coming from everywhere, making her regret every single time she said no to ash walking her home.

How was she even supposed to get out?

Before she could even start planning her way out, she felt something dragging her down. After hitting multiple furniture and rolling down a set of stairs, she had finally regained control of her body. She had ended up in some sort of basement. It had plenty of dolls and stuffed animals.

Yeah. Toys in a haunted house. What could possibly go wrong?

Spoiler alert: pretty much everything.