CHAPTER 17

Hello readers!

It has been... A while since I have posted which wasn't my intention at all. With the world turning into a literal garbage can and you know- school. I have finally returned and I'm planning on posting every Friday either on this story or on He is Not a Villain.

Most of the information on my return is posted on He is Not a Villain.

Anyways, I hope to finish both of these stories before posting anymore.

I hope you enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Tommy's eyes opened, his eyes being met by a bright light shining down. Of course he recognized the head ache inducing light, it was the light in the medical hall of the Hero Committee.

Which meant he was free.

He was safe.

He was home.

Finally, after a long time of feeling eyes on him and threats sent to him, he's home.

And yet... He didn't feel happy. Yes, he is thankful that he is no longer confined to a chair in the middle of a dark room. But he feels empty again, may it be his stomach or not but he feels that ache he had before. When he felt alone, when he wasn't with the Syndicate.

The blonde was dragged out of his thoughts by the sound of his name being called from somewhere, the light began to ease in his vision allowing him to see more. He felt a warm hand holding his, it was firm but shaky. Tommy could feel tiny scratches cover the hand, a sign of someone who has fought with bare hands. Or dropped a glass bowl and it shattered in their hands. He felt his cold mask and red tinted goggles still on his face, which meant his identity is still hidden in the walls of the Hero Committee.

"Tommy?" The voice calls again, the boy's vision finally cleared to see the face of the one and only, Dream. Why am I not happy about that? Tommy questioned himself.

"Dream?" Tommy croaked, his voice was dry and it hurt to breathe. As the feeling of his body slowly came back to him, he felt every ache in his bones rise to his muscles. Lifting a finger was a death wish for his weak body.

"Hey Tommy, it's me, Dream. How are you doing?" His voice was gentle as if the slightest loud noise would make Tommy shatter.

"I'm all good big man, just feeling like I've been hit by a train ten times over." Tommy giggled, Dream sighed.

"Well that's what Ponk said you would feel like, especially that ankle of yours is fractured." Dream pointed out.

"Wait, then how will I do hero work?"

"Not for a while, not until that ankle of yours is fully healed"

"But-" Tommy started, only to be cut off by Dream.

"No buts, I need you to heal for me. Ok?" The man almost whispered, Tommy hesitantly nodded.

"Good, now you'll be able leave after Ponk gives you a quick check up and gives you some pain killers." Tommy nodded and Dream left to fetch the doctor, leaving the blonde with his thoughts.

It was just yesterday, or however long he slept, that he was about to go somewhere where the Hero Committee wouldn't find him, but now he's here because of some miracle. But then again, if Tommy was never taken back to his rusty cell then he would have never been able to see the spot from his dream. He would have thought it was just his imagination, Dream would have said it's just his imagination. So in some ways Tommy is grateful that he was captured again just so his theory was proven correct, but now it's just Dream that's confusing him. Why would he persistently say that it's just a guy from the orphanage and immediately shut down the idea of it? Why did Dream act that way at that spot? Does Dream know about the spot? Does Dream know who the man is? But then why would he lie to him if the man has no significance?