Chapter 5

(song: The Night We Met- Lord Huron) 

TW: Panic attack

Shinsou POV

Today I woke up at 2 am, probably because I went to sleep last night, but anyway I replayed the day in my head. Meeting Kiri was one of the highlights of my day, he and his friends are just happy and bright people, that makes it nice to be around them. Mina was probably my favorite part of my day. She was always the best person to be around. She can be chaotic but she is really sweet and will stand up for you if she needs to.

 As a kid she would always help me with my bullies and help patch up my wounds. When we first met I was being surrounded by people picking on me and calling me names. She came to the center of the crowd and helped me up while glaring at everyone around us. From that day on we were inseparable you wouldn't see one of us without the other. That is how I made it through my early school years. Kids were always mean to me because at that young age I loved to read people. It was almost like I could see what they were thinking and what they were about to do because I was so good at reading people and spotting tells. The kids used to call me 'Mindfreak'. Everyone thought it was weird and creepy, but I loved doing it. That is why I am majoring in Psychology. I just love everything about the mind and how everyone is different in special ways. 

I was pulled out of my thoughts as my alarm clock started going off. I silenced it as I got up to get ready. Today I had both a morning class and an afternoon class. Busy day. I walked downstairs and straight out of the door to go to my class. Bakugou and Iida were going to sleep in a bit later since they had a later class then me, so I just went on without them. Also, I wanted to get a good seat towards the back of the class before everyone got there. When I arrived to the room a few people were already in there. One person had half red- half white hair 'cool' he was talking to someone with forest green and fluffy hair. The last person in there had blonde hair combed into a slick look. He looked very unfriendly so I was going to sit as far away as possible from him. I walked past his desk and he looked up at me 'I swear I have seen him before. Where is he from.' I thought as I walked past him.

Eventually class started and I was taking notes throughout the whole lecture like I was supposed to. As class ended it was almost time for Bakugou, Iida, Mina, and I to meet up. We were going to meet at the same place we had lunch yesterday. I walked into a hallway only to be met with the force of a shoulder causing me to stumble forward a bit.

"What is your problem?" I asked the retreating figure who started to laugh maniacally and turned to face me.

"My problem? MY PROBLEM?! The fact that you feel like coming to this school out of all places. Out of all the places I could have gone to college I chose to go here with the Mindfreak." He sneered. I froze as those words left his mouth. That was where I recognized him from. He is one of the spoiled rich kids from the School I used to go to. Crap I'm in for it now. Wait, what can he do to me? He can't strike me, he can only call me names and be nasty that way. Hopefully I can handle this. Just hearing that nickname again sent chills down my spine. 

He walked away and I just stared at his retreating figure. 'Welp. That's Neito Monoma for you.' After my initial shock I decided it was best to just head back to my room to calm my brain for the class to come. I texted Iida because I knew he would tell the others to just hangout without me and headed off to my room. As I got back to my bed I flopped down and put an arm over my eyes trying to block out the sunlight. I might skip my afternoon lecture, it is only the first day for me I'm not going to miss much right? Whatever. I couldn't get Monoma's words out of my head, they just kept playing on repeat. As time went on I started finding it harder and harder to breathe. 'I need to text Dad. He will know what to do.' I just got a new phone and cursed myself for not saving the important numbers in my phone. I would need to do that later. I got Dad's number in and started texting him. At this point my I was heaving to try to get air in and it felt like I couldn't breathe, I was crying and trying to get in as much oxygen as possible.

Me:

Dad I need help.

I think I am going to have a panic attack.

I got a reply almost instantly.

???:

Im not your dad

You can call me daddy tho ;)

Oh wait-umm sorry?

WTF. If I wasn't freaking out right now I would be blushing hard. I don't care who this person is, I need help.

Me:

Please help

???:

Okay....

Breathe in for 5 seconds

Then hold it for another 5 and then release your breathe

Me:

Ok?

???:

Great. Ill do it with you

Ready?

Me:

I guess?

We, or I, did this breathing exercise a few times. It was helping me stay grounded and not spiral. After about a minute I was feeling much better and my breathing was around the normal pace. At this point it was about 8 pm.

Me:

Thank you so much for helping me.

I am sorry if I bothered you.

???:

No problem stranger! :)

Are you sure you are good now?

Me:

Yep, I'm good.

???:

I want to know more about you (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

Whats your name?

Me:

Umm... I'm not sure I want to share.

Thanks for everything though.

???:

ɿ(。・ɜ・)ɾⓌⓗⓨ?

Me:

I do not know you.

For all I know you could be a creep.

???:

(ᗒᗣᗕ)՞

I assure you I am not

BUT I will give you time to get to know me

Me:

K

Night then.

???:

Good Night!!! A^-^)

Read

That night I stared at the ceiling with a slight grin on my face. Whoever that was is a very kind and energetic person. I might get to know them better later. The thought of actually meeting them though scares me. They just helped me through a panic attack, I hope they don't think I am weak. Welp whatever, now time for another restless night.

1159 words.

an: I hope you enjoyed!