Chapter 1: Introduction

TW for this chapter:- some mention of violence (suggested)- mention of harassment / non-consent (suggested)

- some mention of violence (suggested)
- mention of harassment / non-consent (suggested)

________________________

Minho closed the door of the muddy Jeep, a little stronger than initially expected, causing a noise that echoed in the silence of the surrounding forest. He let out a grunt of annoyance as he locked the vehicle, before bending over to pick up the two shopping bags at his feet. Taking a last look at the dirt on the body, he began to move forward, passing in front of the Van parked sideways ahead of the other vehicle. It wasn't in better condition, with dust and pollen covering the windshield while the dry mud had accumulated on the metal. They were really going to have to think about doing them a big cleanup before winter sets in and they get too lazy for it.

The 22-year-old puffed under the weight of the bags as he began to climb the slight slope that led to their home. He grumbled under his breath, cursing the other occupants for not coming to help him when they knew full well that Minho had returned.

He climbed the few steps leading to the porch while the front door almost came out of his hinges in front of his face.

"Minho-hyung!"

Bless that pup.

"Felix, please help me."

The youngest offered him a beautiful smile before carrying out, relieving him from one of the bags filled with food. Minho sighed as he wondered how they would survive without at least one functional omega in this pack. He followed the youngest inside, passing in front of the living room, where Changbin looked busy on his phone, flipping through papers on the coffee table. Probably work.

Minho took a breath as the blond omega placed his bag on the kitchen table. The young man mainly captured Changbin's powerful smell and Felix's sweet one, complemented by 3 other smells much fainted.

"Where are the others?" Minho asked as they started to tidy up the groceries.
"Ah! Seungminie has been called to town for a guard. He will be back at night."
"Did someone bring him?"
"No, he took one of the bicycles," Felix kindly said, piling the different bags of ramen in the cupboard above the sink.
"Okay," Minho sighed. "I'll call him and tell him I'll pick him up when he'll finish. The night woods are not safe and I think Chan has more to do for now."

Felix nodded. Minho knew that Seungmin, as a beta, was less afraid of being left alone in the forest at night, rather than an omega. However, they had to be more careful, especially since Chan, their pack leader, had detected strange things around the territory.

"Chan still hasn't come back from his rounds? He's been gone since this morning."
"No, we didn't hear from him while you were away. Besides, he left without his phone."

The young man refrained from chewing his lips, trying to control his emotions, so as not to alert the omega in front of him. He wasn't worried about Chan. He was a powerful alpha and their pack leader, whatever happened, Minho knew he could handle it.