|| Prologue ||

NOTES:

Rimuru's physical body has no gender but he does prefer he/him pronouns.

Though in this fanfic, he doesn't mind much about his gender due to people constantly mistaking him.

He's okay with people misgendering him as long as the person doesn't take it too far.

Judging by my art I really wanna sell trap Rimuru. Though I feel like I'm selling it too much, so I might do a redraw

Narration

"Talking"

"Whisper"

'Thoughts'

'Thought Communication'

[ Ciel ]

[??? POV]

Emphasis

*Actions*

<Skill/Breathing/Blood Demon Art>

( Me, the authorヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ )

Y'all are probably smart enough to figure out what is what during the story, but it's a kind of note to self for me.

----

[Rimuru POV]

UUUGGGHHH!!! Ever since I killed Yuuki, things have been getting boring! Who knew being a demon lord would have so much paperwork!! (┬┬﹏┬┬)

Everything was so freaking peaceful. It's nice being strong, but nothing is amusing anymore when you don't have a challenge. But you don't know how thankful I am to be the strongest of the demon Lords, cuz I get to make the final decisions and all of these demon lords have lost their common sense over the years.

Example: They originally wanted to destroy a kingdom that opposed us even though they hold no threat.

Again to the paperwork, all of it was easy but there's so much of it!! It gets boring~ 'My hand hurts! The cramps!!' I unintentionally communicated with Ciel.

[ Master, you have <Pain Nullification>, remember? You cannot feel pain. ]

'I know, it's just that I've been writing for so long that I just expected myself to feel pain. Hey Ciel, is it time for you to take over?' I asked, praying that my turn was over to do the paperwork.

[ Yes, master. Exactly 4 hours have passed and it is my turn to do the paperwork. ]

Then we hear a dreaded voice... "Rimuru-sama, I brought you this month's paperwork!" Shuna... She's carrying the paperwork for this month... Nooooooo... I'm almost done with last month!! 'Shuna, I love you but you're killing me here with all this paperwork!!'

[ Torturing us, master. Although I don't feel much, I am suffering too. ]

'This is paperwork from Hell, I swear. Ciel is even on auto-pilot when responding to me! She's not her old sassy self!' I thought while I strained a smile at Shuna as she just set down the paperwork, bowed, and smiled. My mind could only blank out as she left. '

Hey, Ciel? Is there any way to get out of this?' I asked numbly, once again praying for a "yes" answer.

[ Master, we could try dimensional traveling. ]