iii.

(time jump)

Ray's car revved as she pulled into the lot where people where loitering outside, making them turn their heads as their eyes followed the car. Stepping out the car, gasps were all that could be heard in the whistling of the wind. It was as if they moved in slow motion. Moving in sync as the car doors closed, the tucking of fly aways, and the pace of every step they took. They felt eyes on them, and murmuring tickled their ear drums. A glance is all it took. A glance with a smile to one another before opening the doors. Step in step, the two straightened up as they confidently walked into the room. The music beating against their ears.

Ray walked into there other's side and whispered into her ear. "There are so many people staring at us."

All April could do was nod, before gulping down the nerves and chuckling. "It's because we're hot."

"You're so right. Of course." Tapped her forehead, and looked around trying to see anyone she knew, her eyes falling on the angels. "AH, I see Claire and the rest the Angels, let's go!" She linked arms with April as she lead the way. "Claire!"

Claire turned her head to the familiar voice finding Ray and April weaving through the crowd as they made their way. She engulfed both of them into a hug, as did all the others. They talked for a minute before April started to peer around. Leaning into the group so they can hear her, "I'm gonna go grab a drink. I'll be right back." She smiled, leaving Ray with them. Eventually, she made it to the bar and asked for two. Her back leaned against the counter as she quietly observed everyone in the room. Noticing how some gawked as if seeing a ghost, she would smile at them.

A song by the weekend played over the speakers when she received her drinks. "Thank you." She smiled sweetly, before making it over to her friends. Catching a glimpse in the corner of her eye she bumped into someone. "I'm sorry." She frantically wiped the bit of drink that landed on them before turning back around to where she thought she saw something. 'I saw you dancing in a crowded room. You look so happy when I'm not with you.' Played over the scene as she found herself seeing Ramee dancing, and smiling with Carmella. A sharp pain struck her chest as her grip tightened around the glasses in her hands. Her vision tunneled on them and her hearing muffled all other noise. Standing still as she watched him silently with a sad smile time slowed, swallowing her whole.

"April? April!" Ray's voice snapped her back into reality.

"What- What is it?"

"You were staring." She mumbled taking the drink from April's grasp.

"Oh, I was.." Her head hung low, sipping her drink and facing the other way.

"C'mon." Ray rubbed her back, taking a glance back to the two April was watching to see Ramee look back at her. She sent him a nod-smile as she disappeared into the crowd.