The Big Day

Jules POV

I woke up to the alarm and sunshine in my face. I shut my alarm off then reached for Shawn. He wasn't there. My heartbeat started rushing, my blood rushing. I was so worried I looked in the hotel room. He wasn't there, either. Then my phone went off with a text message.
It was Shawn.
He texted me, "Today's the day. I love you. BIG.FAT.KISSES."
Then it hit me.
Shawn wasn't here because we wanted to split up the whole day before our wedding happened. Earlier, we decided to keep everything secret from each other. He hasn't seen the dress, bridesmaid dresses, or even my personal vow written to him.( I guess him not seeing the vow is normal.)
I ordered room service breakfast then at 11:00 my bridesmaids came. My bridesmaids are Karen, Marlowe, and an old friend from high school, Lucy. My flower girl was my niece, Grace. When the got here we ate lunch, did makeup, and complained about hangover from last night(my Bachelorette party.) I must say I barely remember anything from last night though.

After lunch, it was time to get my dress on. I had already done my hair and makeup, and so had the girls. I looked at the dress, breathlessly. The dress was the most gorgeous thing I had ever seen. The first time I put it on I was awestruck by its amazing design. From the ruffled, woven bottom and the laced, bejeweled top, it was purely amazing. And it was mine. MY dress. Mine for forever and for today the day I get married.

I started to tear up.
"Don't starting crying, yet. You'll ruin your beautiful makeup." Remarked Marlowe.
"I know. But I'm just too elated to not cry." I replied in between tears.
"Okay, but why don't you put your dress on." Karen added.
"Yeah...you're right..better I'm wearing it than just looking at it." I half-heartedly replied.
*******************************
~Shawn's POV~

"Ready to go, Gus?" I asked.
"Yeah, just oiling my head a little bit more so it looks flawless." Gus exclaimed.
"Okay..but everyone's waiting. Even Woody is fully dressed, so that's a first."
"True." Woody agreed.
While waiting, I put my hands in my pockets feeling the thin piece of paper I had stuffed in there earlier. After messing with it for a few seconds, I took the paper out and reviewed what I had written. I felt a tear almost slip down my cheek before I wiped it away.
"That your vow?" Woody questioned.
"Yeah." I said choked up.
"Hurry up, Guster." Lassiter implored.
Guster walked out of his bedroom with blotchy, red eyes.
"Have you been crying?" I wondered.
"No." He lied.
"Come on, son. Get yourself together, man." I responded.
"I get emotional at weddings, Shawn. Especially if the groom is my best friend." He defended himself.
"Alright, but wipe those tears before we go out." I said.
"Fine." He replied.
We walked out of the hotel room and down to the wedding with my hands shaking.