Chapter 2

3rd person

Shirou and Selene started meeting quite frequently under a tree. They chatted and played with each other, although Selene had to convince Shirou to play with her most of the time.

Currently, they were laying down on the grass under the tree in a comfortable silence. Shirou decided to break the silence. "Why are you called Selene?" He asked.

Selene shot him a glance before looking back at the sky as she thought. "I was born under a full moon, so my parents decided to call me Selene. It means The Moon in Greek. And my family, Aphelion, is pretty important, too." She said quietly. 'Although my family is purebred, but most of the other beastmen don't know about purebred families.' She thought.

Shirou smiled softly, "It's a beautiful name with a beautiful meaning."

Selene's gaze landed on Shirou in shock. They've known each other for months now, and she had gotten used to his somewhat reserved and quiet nature.

A smile spread across her face as she crawled closer to him and squished his cheeks, "Awww, is my baby smiling and giving me a compliment~?" She asked.

Shirou stopped smiling and blushed, flustered. "N-no, it's wasn't smiling. I did mean the compliment, though... And since when I'm your baby?" He mumbled as he fought to get her hands to stop squishing his cheeks. He wasn't successful. He huffed and gave up.

Selene grinned and let go of his cheeks. "Since we became friends."

Shirou paused and raised an eyebrow. "And, since your family is important, does that make you a princess?"

She furrowed her eyebrows and looked away, "I'm sensing a new stupid nickname for me."

He rolled his eyes playfully and turned to his side and away from her. "Yes, true." She took advantage of this moment and sprawled across his body.

Shirou grunted from the sudden rough movement and blushed. He was aware that he blushed a lot around her, but he wasn't sure why. Or maybe he did and was just in denial.

He sighed and said, "Can you get off from me?" He asked and she did as he asked. He turned to lay on his back again and look at the sky. Selene did the same and they fell back into a peaceful silence.