Dainsleif : What lays in the stars

*Warnings: This contains a theory of mine. It is not completely lore-compliant.*

Those stars are false.

Those stars are false, the sky is fake, and no one knows. 

No, that's not right. I know. He knows. She knows as well.

The sky is but a shell of the being it once was, as is the land nothing more than a husk of a god. A powerful god. But dead, nonetheless. 

There are days where I can close my eyes and imagine that I was back home with him and my friends. I can imagine the lively streets filled with people. The smell of food and iron intermingling. The blinding sun that beats down on the people below and the cold moon that surveys a city still alive despite the darkness. I can still feel the fabric of that uniform and the weight of the responsibilities on me as a blade that protects this kingdom. That protects my ruler.

But twilight must give way to sunrise as does gold give way to fire. Every dream must come to end at some point in time. I only wished that that dream had lasted a little longer.

I can still feel those old scars torn into my skin from the many battles I have fault. They have never healed completely, as if wanting to stay as a reminder of those fallen soldiers, those fallen friends and fallen enemies.

Cursed I am by the ones beyond the sky to live forever and ever. An infinite loop like a circle or an ouroboros. Cursed are they, the citizens I once swore to protect, but now have turned my blade against. Because I know, even if they do not.

Their time has long since passed.

Mine as well yet I cannot kill myself. Not yet. Not until I learn of what he has planned, what he wishes to do. I only hope that it does not end the same way that dream did.

.

..

I pity that astrologist, the one who believes she can read the stars and gain insight upon the world. I envy the ones who believe that all is well and fine in the world. None of them know what the stars really are.

If only we had learned sooner, then maybe we could have avoided that catastrophe. Maybe that dream would have lasted longer. But no, we didn't know. So, we died because we didn't know.

Those stars that twinkle above all like small fireflies far away. Don't people say that there is always space for you in the stars? That everyone has a star somewhere up there that will guide you? Of course everyone does. By Celestia's design and designation, everyone has a 'star'. Everyone has a 'star' that will watch 'over' them and 'guide' them. 

How does Celestia always know what occurs here on Teyvat? Their small castle in the sky cannot possibly see the ends of the Earth.

Because it doesn't.

The stars do that for them.

For they are the 'watchers' that care for us Teyvat-residing beings like pets. But what does one do when a pet misbehaves badly?

They get killed. By the watchers.

Even know, I am not too sure as to what the stars really are. Perhaps all they are are watchers in the sky that keep track of us.

Watchers that contain data that astrologists can 'read'.

But perhaps, they are a little more than that.

Weapons?

Weapons, designed to kill us before we could design a weapon to kill them.