01, s'mores (c.f)

conrad, 01
warnings: mentions of fire
wordcount: 516.

- imagine having a fire with the conklins' and fishers'

- imagine having a fire with the conklins' and fishers' . . .

The bright yellow flames from the fire illuminated all our faces. The heat from the flames makes your cheeks turn a deep red. Susannah asks, "does anybody want to make s'mores?"

Jeremiah is the first to pipe up, "Mom, I thought you were never gonna ask."

"I'll be right back, my sweet little boy," she replies, getting up from her chair and kissing her son's head. You watch her close the back door and turn on the kitchen light.

Conrad, who was sitting on your right, turns his body so he's facing you. he leans over and whispers in your ear, "i'll make you a s'more when my mom brings out the supplies. i make the best s'mores in cousins, everyone knows this," a large smirk spread over his face.

Now your cheeks weren't only red from the hot flames. "that sounds amazing, Conrad, but are they that good?"

"y/n, are you seriously questioning my s'more abilities right now? wait until I make you one." He crossed his arms proudly.

He moves back in his chair. Susannah opens the back door with gram crackers, marshmallows and a chocolate bar in her left arm, "don't worry everybody, I got the goods." she smiles proudly. She lays them out on the glass table next to her and Laurel's chair.

"hey, laur, can you please pass me two marshmallows?" Conrad asked, putting his hand out.

"Sure, hun, here you go." She opened the bag and passed him two marshmallows. He nods, giving his thanks.

Conrad gets up and walks over to get a roasting stick. He puts the marshmallows on it and sits back on his chair beside you. He puts them over the fire until they're golden brown. He walks to get two-gram crackers and a piece of chocolate. Conrad assembles your s'more on the glass table and walks over to give you the s'more. He leans back in his chair and puts his arm around you.

"so, y/n, how is it? Have I changed your mind about how a perfect s'more should taste?"

"Wow, I think it's one of the best s'mores I have ever had," you admit.

He cringes, "one, one? y/n do you mean it's the best you ever had?"

you lightly hit his shoulder, "Fine, it might be the best I've ever had."

"that's what I thought." he leans over to you again and runs his thumb around the bottom of your lip. "you got marshmallow all over your face. That's how I know you're enjoying it, you were trying to save some for later."

You lean over and kiss his lips, "gosh, you're such a dork, Connie."

Steven and Belly shut their eyes quickly, "a warning before you kiss him next time would be great, y/n," Steven shouts and gags.

Conrad flips them off. Jeremiah throws his blanket over you guys, covering both of your heads. Conrad kisses you on the cheek, "and i'm the dork?" he whispers.