Chapter 40

I look at the house in front of me. It is a nice little house with a charming garden with all the beautiful flowers blooming just as my beautiful husband is standing next to me.

Indeed, Remco and I are married. We stand together looking at our first little house, which is just big enough for the four of us. We have a large upper floor with enough bedrooms for all of us and a beautiful living room with a fireplace and the most beautiful fireplace you can imagine, finished with all wood, just like in a fairy tale.

I look at the recliner placed slightly in front of it that we had come together a week ago. It's a dark gray seat with enough room for all of us to sit on. You heard right! I am pregnant with our second child. Romeo is now a cute little three-year-old boy who keeps himself busy in the garden in the big sandbox we had installed.

Together we watch through the window as our oldest child sits playing games with the sand thrown up, laughing. I feel our daughter stomping into my belly, causing Remco to put his hand on my belly and kiss me, keeping his hand on my belly. "What more could I want," he says, still kissing me. I smile at him and continue to look at our son rolling around in the grass outside.

Not too long ago before I knew I was pregnant, I finally started college to pursue my dream as a Technics draftsman. Meanwhile, I'm on maternity leave right now, but after that, I'm flying straight into my second year in college.

Remco graduated last year with high honors and became a boat draftsman. You heard right, he even now develops the boats he designs himself in the company he started with Daniel.

There is even a project underway to develop our own boat that will be ready when our daughter is going to be born. We hear two people approaching us and see Tristan and Josh move closer to us, giving us both a hug.

We had buried our hatchet two years ago. It was hard for me to keep holding a grudge towards Josh, he was still my brother.

Remco had a hard time at first having Josh back in our lives, but was able to accept it after a while. Does Remco know now if he is not gay, of course? Remco is bisexual, I know that, and I will always be a bit afraid that he will decide to go for a man. He had assured me that he would never leave me. Not even if Chris Evans were to show up at our door. Maybe then he would lose me. No, this is a typical joke of ours.

Josh looks around the house with us following, in every area, Josh knows an improvement.

Which also goes with his job as an Interior Designer. Behind Tristan squeaks Colin, the two-year-old son of my brother and Tristan. Yes, they had been accepted for adoption and so had adopted Colin, who has been with us for over a year now and is the happiest blond boy you can imagine.

He gets along very well with our son and his two best friends, who often come to play games together. Now Romeo doesn't always have to go to their house, but now they can come to ours at our house too. We were a little late, we just wanted the perfect house for us and our family.

Father and mother both still live as a happy couple together. Mother then never quite got her mind back and lives in the past most of the time. For my father this was the best thing that could have happened to him, he finally had his wife back whom he loved so much. Together they travel a lot and are finally living the life that our mother always held back, who didn't like traveling or just anything that was tiring. They are now together in Tenerife for the umpteenth time and having the best time of their lives.

3 months later

"Remco, wake up!" I yell as I feel wet running between my legs, which is the sign that the baby is about to come. Remco jumps up and starts putting on his pants and pulling his T-shirt from yesterday that was still on the floor back over his head. "Remco, calm down, "I say, knowing that with just the water breaking, the delivery could take a while. "Then why are you calling Max?" He asks me with a crooked smile. Okay, I'd obviously given him a scare.

Not much later, we dropped Romeo off at Josh and Tristan's. Driving on to the hospital, we were immediately taken to a delivery room.

Exactly the same room, where I gave birth to Romeo alone, and where the memories of that birth come back to me. I feel the tears running down my cheeks, "Honey, don't cry. You will never be alone again. From now on, I will always be there for you," Remco says as he takes my hand and reassures me as I lay on the table and want to turn my head away.

"Sure?" I ask in a squeaky voice, with another emerging contraction starting. "Yes, Max, you will never get rid of me. In health and in sickness I promised you when we married and always will."

After a few presses, we watch together as our daughter is born with just the same black hair as her father and her older brother. Happy we look at the most beautiful girl we have ever made together. Together with our son, we are finally complete.

Extra:

"Where are you taking me, Remco?" I ask with the blindfold for my eyes. First, he had put me in our car blindfolded and driven to somewhere not so far from us. All I hear is water and exactly some kind of birds. I blink my eyes painfully as Remco takes off the blindfold.

I look at a beautiful ship with two masts and all sailes in our favorite colors, white and blue. I can hardly believe my eyes when I look at the whole thing and run my hand over the hull, which has the name on it, "Vioro". The two names of our son and daughter stuck together. Violet and Romeo.

I fly Remco around his neck and kiss him with all the passion we still feel for each other. Every day I grow to love him more. And we still have many days to go, where we can sail the sea with our beautiful ship, continuing our journey, what is called life.

The end