Always Someone You Know

It all started when my friend Tara was attacked......It was abrupt when Wes told our group about it. I wouldn't expect something like that to occur.

"Hey....Earth to (M/n)????"

"Huh....Oh yeah...Sorry.....Just had a thought..."

"Ok then big guy....."

"*SIGHS* You know that's not the only thing I'm known for......"

"We know that.....But we can't help ourselves..."

I rubbed a hand through my hair as the rest of the group talked about Tara. Well, except for my friend Amber who's sat next to me.

"Doing ok there big guy?"

"About the same as I usually am...Maybe a bit worse since Tara got hurt."

"Aren't we all?"

"Yes......I just hope she has a nice recovery you know."

The dark haired woman just smiled at me as I gave her one back. However, Wes spoke up saying,

"Guys....She's up."

"What did she say?"

"She's wanting to see us....."

"Well, what are we waiting around for let's go!"

"Jesus aren't you in a rush??!?!?"

With me being the tallest person in the group aside from Chad, it was a bit weird for the others to see me be so... "Intimidating". Mindy questions me on that.....

"Why are you a bit hyper today?"

"Hyper? No, I wouldn't say that, I would rather say I'm just.......Quick....."

"Well, quick is something that you usually aren't. You did anything yesterday?"

"What you think that I assaulted Tara?"

"No....Not yet anyway."

"Oh for Christ's sake."

"What? Am I not allowed to be just a little bit like on edge about some stuff?"

"No you're allowed, but I'm telling you that I didn't hurt Tara...."

"Ok......But I won't be surprised if it turns out to be you later...."

I roll my eyes as Amber just chuckled and pats me on my back.

"Don't worry about it (M/n). She's just giving you a hard time."

I walk over to my car alongside Amber as I get in and see her riding shotgun.

"Didn't have another way of getting there?"

"No...There a problem with me sitting here?"

"None. Just asking you a question."

My eyes drifted away from her as I start up the car before driving over to the hospital.

Timeskip

Tara seemed to be doing better, not great, but she was at least able to speak to us, and sounded ok. Though, she seemed to be a bit happier when her older sister Samantha showed up. Well, both Sam and her boyfriend Richie. Both seemed friendly and no real issues at first. We were cut off by Tara then wanting some space in the room, well, everyone except for Sam, but I understood why as it's her sister.......Duh...
While I waited outside, Amber had come up next to me and said,

"I don't know if I trust Sam."

"Why not?"

"I don't know, she just, seems off to me...."