IV

HI HI YES FINALLY UPDATING SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG JUST WANTED TO SAY TW! Slight mention of suicide (it's implied never really said JUST GOTTA MAKE SURE Y'ALL GOOD JUST IN CASE YK)

Mr. Torres, since the first time I've met him he's been a piece of shit. Not to mention terrifying. I don't even think I've ever seen him smile. Complete opposite of Cesar.

Cesars house was always loud. A good kind of loud, with music that was always playing from the radio his mother kept on the kitchen counter.

Mrs.Torres, a bright and gentle woman. Always smiling, she would always be so kind to me.I still don't understand why she ever got with Mr.Torres.

Whenever I saw them together she looked sad. Cesar always looked sad. Or worse, hurt.

There's no wonder why Cesar resented him.

I woke up in a cold sweat gasping for air. My sudden movements woke Cesar as well. I place my hand on my chest trying to calm myself down.

"It's okay, everything is okay, it was only nightmare." I feel Cesars arms wrap around me. His fingers rubbing gentle circles against my side.

"It felt so- real-" I slowly calm down.

"Shhh I know." He softly says.

After a few moments of him holding me close. My heart rate had finally gone back to normal.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He lays his head on my shoulder.

"No. I'd rather forget."

"Alright, we don't have to talk about it."

After a few more minutes  we both lay back down. Cesar still holds me close to him. His warm hold soothing me back to sleep.

When I wake up again, I find Cesar is pasting around the motel room. He's on the phone and he looks upset.

"Tell him I don't want to see him." I hear him say.

Who is he talking to?

"He's never cared before. He shouldn't now. I don't want to see him."

"Cesar?" I look at him confused.

He looks at me before going back to pasting around. "He doesn't love me, he sure as hell didn't love my mother. If he was changed he would've called himself. Not even that, he would've called before. Why wasn't invited to his wedding? Huh? If I'm his only son and he cares so much why wasn't I invited."

He's talking about his dad. His voice sounds tired and he's trying best not to raise it.

"No, I'm not going to see him. I don't want too."  I get up and walk over to him, wrapping my arms around him. He stops tensing and calms down.

I can kinda hear the muffled voice of his aunt coming from the phone. "Fine, but after this I never want to hear from him again. Unless he's on his deathbed dying." He says sternly before hanging up.

"What happened?" He turns and lays his head on my shoulder.

"My dad wants to have lunch with me tomorrow."

Oh. OH. "Do you want to come with you?" There's no way I'm letting him go alone.

"How about we spend the day together,  no stress, just the two of us?" He smiles up at me.

I hum in response. "I'd love that."

"Where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere I don't really mind."

"Alright we'll figure it out as we go."

I nod before he lets go of me. "I'll be in the shower, alright?"