1

"Kay I'll see you tomorrow Avery" my co-worker Michelle waved at me.

"Drive safe" I said.

I clocked out then locked up the diner. I pulled my scarf higher up on my face. It was the middle of fall but it felt like winter.

I didn't live far from my work so I walked. I was half way home when I thought I heard something move behind me. I turned around but I didn't see anything. I reached into my purse making sure my pepper spray was in there. I began walking again but the sound of footsteps came closer. I prepared myself to run when two guys walked out of an ally in front of me. I turned the other way only to be met with two more guys. I gripped my pepper spray harder.

"Where you goin ma?" one of the guys said. He wore a dark hoodie.

"L-leave me alone" I mentally cursed myself for stammering.

"Aww come on. We just want to play" another one said he had shaggy long hair & smelt strongly of alcohol.

The guy with the hoodie stepped towards me & I automatically sprayyed him with my pepper spray. I took off running I didn't want to face him after he recovered.

"YOU BITCH" I heard him yell. I could hear footsteps running after me. I didn't look back for fear of knowing how close they were to me.

One of them caught up to me & pushed me against a building. He grabbed me by my hair & drag me into a near by ally. He threw me on the ground & stood over me. I looked at him as he unbuckled his pants.

"Your gonna get yours BITCH" he spat.

"I don't think so" a deep menacing voice said.

Hoodie guy turned around to face a tall dark figure. "& who the hell do you think you a-" he didn't even finish his sentence before being tossed in the air landing harshley next to his unconscious friends.

I looked up at my savior "thank you"

He reached out his hand & I took it. He pulled me towards him wrapping his arm around my waist "don't thank me yet" he whispered then I felt a painful sting on my throat. I screamed out in pain but he muffled it with his hand. The pain was excruciating it felt like the life was being sucked out of me. My vision started to cloud over & before I knew it darkness took over me.