1

Cassie's pov
Here we are training with our f-14's. I'm new. Heard all about this maverick guy. I transferred from another base. I bait and trick the MiG to get what we need. I land my plane grabbing my stuff. I always fly solo. Always. I hop out of my plane and head to see stinger. I shake his hand "welcome ms Bradshaw...I'll show you where you'll be overseeing-" he starts. I tell him "I'm not here for an oversight sir. I'm a pilot. And a pretty damn good one if I'm allowed to say such a thing" "and you're..." he asks and I say "jackal. They call me jackal" he nods and he says "women don't fly" "they do now" I tell him not backing down. I say "I'm a transfer from another base.this is just a stop before I'm headed to top gun" "If you're as good as you say...why weren't you put there before?" He asks. I reply "because I'm a woman. But they saw I exceed my genders stereotypes" he nods and shows me around.

I watch as someone hands in their wings and someone's place in hack. I see my brother...goose. He sees me "sir if I may hug my sister?" He asks and stinger asks "this your kin?" We nod and hug he mutters "god I missed you Cass" I close my eyes and mutter "me too"

We're all put in top gun. I turn to see a male I don't know. He's...wow. He smiles holding his hand "maverick...but you can call me Pete" I shake it "jackal" my brother says "she's the best flyer I've ever seen. Why weren't you assigned to top gun before?" I chuckle "shit happens. And yknow...being a woman that can fly better than most males isn't common or really accepted"

He nods and maverick says "then kick their ass" I chuckle "that's what the hold up was" with a shrug. We land and we meet everyone. Iceman says "here to oversee? If so you can fly in the back of my plane" I scoff "really Ice? After all this time? Still think a plane ride would work" he chuckles "nothing ever changes with you does it Jack" "no" I say and we hug.

I sit with my brother and maverick later at the bar. Maverick says "so you're twins?" I nod sipping my scotch "yeah. Signed up and did a bit of training together. I was recruited elsewhere" goose says "she was recruited to a prestigious flying school. Best in the country. Besides this of course" I roll my eyes "even graduated but it ain't enough so they put me here for 'extra certification' like I haven't broken world records"

Maverick says "holy shit you're the jackal! Pretty much a ghost in the air, until it's too late to do anything about your presence?" I nod "yup" he mutters "wow"