Chapter 1. // Sleepover

Steve's pov:

It's literally 8 p.m. and I'm on my way to pick up Eleven and Max for our sleepover. Well.. I don't know if ,,our" is the best designation, because I will be there just for babysitting. Yeah and Also I forget to say that it's in my house. Isn't that best?

My phone started ringing.

,,Hello? Whoever you are, speak fast. I'm driving." I was holding my phone with one hand and with the other I was driving.

,,Steve? It's Max."

,,Hey kiddo. What do you want? I'm on the way."

,,Ou um...I'm sorry for bothering you but....You don't have to come for us. Billy is gonna pick us." she said quietly.

,,Are you kidding me Max?" I didn't shout, I was just tired.

,,No, I'm sorry for making problems." she apologized again.

,,It's okay kiddo. I will go to the shop and bring us some snacks." I sighed but then smiled. It will be great night anyway. They are maybe younger than me, but it's still fun to be with them.

,,Thanks Steve! You're the best." she shouted to the phone so I had to pull it away from my ear.

,,Wou! Okay see ya later." I smiled, hung up and continued on my way to the shop.

***

When I arrived to the shop, I took some Chips, candies and sweet drinks. This better be a good night. Just for you to understand me... It's not because of money... I actually don't mind cause my parent are rich and most time in a different state. Which actually means that tonight we will be home alone.

,,Hey, is that you Steve?" I turned around and saw Nancy.

,,Oh my- Hi!" I was surprised seeing her.

,,What are you doing here?" She asked.

,,Shopping?" I smiled as how stupid was this question. Didn't mean that Nancy is stupid, no. No way.

,,Oh." she started laughing and then she came closer and hugged me.

,,Long time no see you." I whispered while we were hugging.

,,Yes. I'm glad to see you. How you doing?" she asked me politely when she steps back.

,,It's good, you know. Nothing really changed." I said. It was true, nothing has changed since we broke up. ,,What about you?"

,,Same. But I really missed you. It may sounds weird but I miss our friendship. Do you think that we could maybe go out sometimes?" she asked me little bit nervous.

,,Yes, sure. I would love to." I was actually really surprised, but happy at the same time. I was also one hundred procent sure, that I don't wanna be with her in relationship again, so I was taking this just like a chance to be friend with her.

,,Okay then, I need to go but see you later." she hugged me again, but this time to say goodbye. I took my things and went home.

***

When I arrived home, it was 20:30. So it was just 5 minutes till they'll come to my house.

I had everything ready so I was just waiting for them in the kitchen, when I heard belt. I Quickly stood up from the chair and went to the door. When I opened them, at first I saw Max and Eleven, but behind them was standing Billy, next to his car.

,,Go inside kiddos." I said and push them fast behind the doors, so I stayed along outside with Billy.

,,Am I dreaming or is that you Harrington?" he asked with his classic provocative tone when he speaks.