2.

THE WIERDO ON MAPLE STREET
PART 1

. ° .• °:. * ° .

The recent news of Will Byers going missing struck the town of Hawkins like lightening, it was almost unbelievable. In the many years of living in this town, nothing like this had ever happened. It was stranger for sure.

Delilah Henderson hugged her brother tight when she got home from work, praying that Will was safe. Of course, Jonathan didn't show up, understandably.  She hadn't seen him since the news, she hoped she would see him around school.

The next morning, Lilah offered to give Dustin a ride to school, which he declined and rode to school on his bike. She walked into school, there was no sign of Nancy Wheeler or Barbra Holland, so she preceded to walk into the building alone.

A few spots away from her Car, she saw Carol and her gang laughing at a girl. A girl Lilah couldn't put a name on. She felt pity to the girl, she was clearly new and was already a victim to Carol. She knew if she didn't step in, the girl wouldn't catch a break till the last day of Senior Year.

"Hey, Perkins, leave her alone" Lilah shouted towards the girl, the red-head rolled her eyes, "And why should i do that, Henderson?" her friends laughing like animals at her snarky comment.

"Listen Carol, I know your insecure about the whole Tommy H thing, by that i mean your being ridiculously in love with him and him only seeing you as a fuck buddy" Lilah paused, Carol's face dropped, "But there is no need to pick on girls who will, because let's face it, easily steal your 'boyfriend' within a second" If it wasn't already, Carols face was blood-shot red. There was nothing she could say to ease the awkwardness lingering in the air.

"Whatever, Delilah" Carol nugged into the girls shoulder, walking away with her minions. The tanned girl was in schock of what just happened, did a stranger just stick up for her?

"T-Thank you" the girl stumbled on her words, "No problem, there's not any day that goes by where i wont take the chance to put Carol Perkins in her place" Lilah laughed along side of the brunette-girl.

"I'm Delilah Henderson, or Lilah, by the way" Lilah greeted the girl, put her hand out to shake, which she accepted, "Tara, Tara Bell".

"Well, Tara Bell, i have a feeling we will be great friends you and i" And with that, the two girls walked into school. Lilah gave Tara a quick, brief tour of the school whilst they trashed Carols name. Lilah talked about the people she shouldn't hang around with, and the people she should.

Carol Perkins, Tommy H and of course Steve Harrington name was mentioned threw the people 'She should hang around with'.

. ° .• °:. * ° .

Delilah couldn't manage to find Tara after class, so she headed to her locker to find her books for the next class. Science, what a drag. At the side of her eye, she could see a boy putting up posters. Jonathan Byers. She hurriedly rushed over to him, ignoring Nancy Wheeler shouting her name. She was with Steve Harrington and his squad, she honestly couldn't be bothered with them. She could feel the daggers Carol shot in her back, i don't think she wanted Lilah to come over there anyway.

"Jonathan" She mildly shouted, sending him a smile. The boy turned to see Lilah. "Hey, Lilah" he returned the smile. "I'm sorry for what happened with Will, how are you holding up" Lilah gulped at the topic.

"I'm good, just hoping we'll find him and bring him home soon" he tilted his head towards the floor, not making eye contact. "Listen, don't be a stranger. If you or your mom need anything, you know where we live, don't hesitate to ask" She said to him, every word was true, "Jonathan, your like family too me, so please don't hesitate to call. And also, Wills a smart kid, he's not stupid, hes gonna be okay ".

"Thanks, Lil, it really means a lot. And i will, my moms just driven up the wall with everything that's going on" He replied, looking at the girl with sadness in his eyes, she hugged him tight. He hesitated, but hugged back. He wasn't used to love and affection. "I gotta go, Chemistry test, let me know if anything happens" She broke the hug, looking deep into his eyes.

He smiled, "Yeah, yeah i will". She gave him one last look, and walked towards the gang as he walked out the building. They had been giving her funny looks the whole time. She didn't even have to look to see them, she could feel them laying on the back of her head.

"Why were you talking to Jonathan Byers?" Nancy questioned, "Because Will is missing. Dustin is like Wills best friend, and so is Mike" Delilah said firmly to Nancy. Lilah could see the instant guilt in her face, feeling bad for the boy.

"Henderson" she heard a deep voice speak, she turned around to see no other than Steve Harrington. She let out a "hmm?", not being able to actually form a word. Steve was actually speaking to her, she wanted to laugh and cry at the same time.

"Small party at my house tonight, you coming or what?" He smiled at the girl. The look on Carols face gave her confidence to speak, "Sure, only if i can bring Tara" She said side-eyeing Carol.

The group looked in confusion, "Who's Tara?" he asked, "Some new bi-" Carol was instantly cut of when she saw Tara at her locker, "Tara over here" Lilah shouted. The girl hesitantly walked over.

"Guys this is Tara, Tara Bell. She's knew here" Lilah said confidently, the group were still giving her some odd looks, Tara also. A few hours ago Lilah was telling Tara to stay away from these people, and now she was inviting her over to talk to them?

"Uhh, sure she can come. But nobody else, it has to be low-key" Steve smiled at the girls.

. ° .• °:. * ° .

A/N~

this is unedited
dinally introduced TARA!! My fave <3
she will be playing Robin Buckley's love interest in s3, which i'm super excited for. also i was thinking of making a separate book for them when we reach season 3, so we can understand more of what it was like being apart of the LGBTQ+ community in the 80s. i will be updating more often, i think i'm gonna write a few more chapters now, they will probably be realest in a day or two!

don't forget to comment and vote if your enjoyed!!!