Chapter 9

3rd Pov

"Hey dad are you alright?" Rei worriedly asked him.
"I'm fine don't worry" 77 years old Kageyama weakly answered laying in the hospital bed, looking outside the window....raining.

Rei was Kageyama's adopted daughter. Since he can't replace y/n with another woman he decided to adopt a child, and that child was Rei, she have the same personality with y/n making Tobio instantly remembered her.

"You're like your mother...so caring"
"Can you tell me some stories of mom, dad?" Rei asked even tho she knows Kageyama and Y/n are not her biological parents.

"She was a lovely person, living her best life even if she's having a hard time. She also loves rain. Sadly she passed away earlier than I expected-" Kageyama badly coughs.

"Dad don't force yourself now...you're gonna be okay.."
"Hmm... I can feel its almost my time..."
"Hey dad pls don't say that." Rei felt her tears in the corner of her eyes.

"It's okay Rei, I'm already old and I think it's time for me to follow your mother in the afterlife....I'm sure she's impatiently waiting for me...there." Kageyama coughs to every words he said.

"Well if it is....then good bye dad...tell mom I love her.... I love you." Rei cried as she watched her dad taking his last breath.

And with that Kageyama closed his eyes in an endless sleep.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"The retired pro volleyball player Kageyama Tobio has recently passed away, we are sending condolences for the loss of the family."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

edited