Chapter 12: Tournament part 2: Bakugo vs (Y/N)

By the time Todoroki was declared the winner, Midoriya's ushered by the security bots for treatment. Everyone continued to applaud the match, for they couldn't deny the grit and power the two showed. In Recovery girl's office, Midoriya lay in bed with his right arm and fingers covered in bandages.

Recovery girl: You're lucky the injuries aren't as bad as they look. Unlike before, your injuries are more superficial. The damages won't be permanent, but you'll have to lay in bed for a while.

All might: That was an impressive show, young Midoriya. I'm so proud.

Izuku: Yeah. But I'm sorry I couldn't do what you asked. If I had kept my mouth shut, I could have beat him. But I-

All might: You wanted to help, young Todoroki. In the end, you got him to use his fire and realize a crucial part of himself.

Izuku: I guess so. In his first match, he looked sad, and I was trying to figure out why. Instead of winning, I let you down. I'm sorry.

All might: It's true the match didn't go how we wanted, and thinking about what went wrong won't change anything. But listen, meddling where you don't technically have to is the essence of being a hero. You never let me down once, young Midoriya. You showed tremendous growth using one for all and trying to reach new heights. After your display, I feel more assured about choosing you as my successor.

Izuku shed a tear as the words of the symbol of peace were enough reassurance. Before they continued, the door opened, revealing Iida, Tsu, Mineta, Uraraka, and (Y/N) checking in on Midoriya.

Iida, Tsu, Mineta, Uraraka: Midoriya/Deku.

Ochako: Are you okay? *Look to All might* Oh, nice to meet you.

All might: Yeah...same here.

Izuku: Hey, guys. I'm not that hurt, but shouldn't you be watching the next match?

Iida: The stadium is far too damaged. They're taking a break to repair it right now.

Mineta: That match was unbelievable, Midoriya. Even though you still lost while beating Todoroki.

Tsu slapped Mineta with her tongue to stop him before he continued.

Tsu: That's just rubbing salt on the wound, Mineta. It's not the best time to talk about it.

Ochako: We were worried about that last attack and how your arm ended up, so they wanted to check on you.

Izuku: Thanks for coming. But don't worry, I'm fine.

Tsu, Mineta, Iida, and Uraraka breathed a sigh of relief, but a smile formed on Uraraka's face while approaching the green-haired boy.

Ochako: Still, I can't believe how awesome you were against Todoroki. You looked so cool, Deku.

Izuku's cheeks turned red as he tried to cover his face with his undamaged arm.

Izuku: *Nervous* A-a-ah, well, thanks. I-I appreciate it.

Recovery Girl: You're all too noisy. You all can talk to him when he joins you.

Mineta: But we just got here.

Recovery girl: He's not in serious condition, but the boy needs rest. Come along now.

Tenya: Alright then. We'll see you when you're ready, Midoriya.

Ochako: Get better soon, Deku.

Tsu: Ribbit.

(Y/N): Oh, Midoriya. Don't let this loss get you down. Sometimes we need to lose to get stronger. Remember what I told you about resolve?