jump

It was hotter than usual. The sun was high radiating all the heat almost as if it was happy, but that didn't stop the Yamato high school students from going out and having fun in the field. But not everyone was there. 

She was on her way to the rooftop with her bony legs, struggling to walk, almost limping. Her skin was a light shade of grey and veins in the neck were visible. Anyone who would have seen her would assume she was anorexic, at least she looked like it. Her hands gripped the railing with a heavy breath following every step she took. 

As she reached the end of the stairs, the rusty metal door was halfway opened. She looked at the door with a stern gaze and gathered all the strength in her body to push the heavy door open. Her eyes wandered around to search for any sign of a living soul on the rooftop. She didn't want anyone to interrupt her with what she was going to do.

Once she cleared the bay, she made her way toward the edge of the rooftop with a creepy grin spreading across her thin, pale, and bony face. Her pupil dilated and her palms were getting sweaty. 

It was a look of excitement for what was about to happen.

She stood at the edge of the rooftop and looked ahead of her, the warm breeze of the summer hit her face. 

"Finally, it is going to end soon. With all of us," she muttered

And within a second she was no longer on the edge.

Her body was down, on the ground, surrounded by her pool of blood. 

The screams of the children were heard when they saw her body mutated by the fall, her head was smashed and so was her face. Almost unrecognizable.

"GET ASIDE WILL YOU!?" a husky bold voice of Mr. Hoshi cut through the low whispers of the crowd. Hands pushing the kids aside to reveal a dreadful scene. The blood oozed out of the girl's body and her face on the ground. "Make some space, let me see who it is" He walked towards the girl's body and squat down, holding the arm of the girl and turning her onto her back.

Her face was mutilated but her eyes were wide open as if looking right at you. Gasps were heard upon looking at the body. Mr. Hoshi could feel this eerie feeling while staring at the corpse of the girl, something out it was off. Nevertheless, he had to find out who she was, so his hands rummaged through her skirt and her shirt to find an ID. Surprisingly there wasn't any ID.

"Kurumi Kento" A voice spoke up.

Everyone looked back to see that the voice belonged to Keisuke Izumi. 

"I was talking to her in the class and she said she had an urgent call to attend.. She looked totally fine before and even asked for you, Mr. Hoshi" 

Mr. Hoshi looked at Keisuke with a suspicious yet confused gaze and nodded. He wasn't sure if Keisuke was lying or if he was actually telling the truth. According to the voices in his head, Keisuke could straight up just be lying about talking to her and could have had some personal problems with the poor girl. But then again it could also be a hoax.

"Stay put where you all are, I'll be calling the cops" Hoshi stood up and wiped his hands with the side of his pants before taking out his phone and dialing for the police.

Everyone was in a state of confusion, a girl from their school had just committed suicide or was it deliberately shown as one? And with no ID? Some even looked at Keisuke with a suspicious gaze because he was the only one who had talked to her and no one else had seen her besides him. If it was a murder, then he was the main suspect.

Soon the loud sirens pierced the silence in the ground. One forensic and one police car parked right beside the crowd.

"Please get aside" The two officers, followed by three forensic officers made their way towards the crowd and discovered the blood scene. Their faces turned into horror and disgust when their eyes landed on the corpse. The first officer decided to break the ice.

"Who saw the body first?" No answers

"Did someone see her before the incident happened?"

"I did, officer" Keisuke spoke.

The officers looked at him and gestured for him to come with them, away from the crowd. 

"Look kid, we are going to ask you some questions and you have to answer them truthfully. With you claiming to have talked to her it makes you the prime suspect for a lot of things like murder, initiating her to jump off the building, bullying, you get it?" Keisuke nodded.

"We will also be checking the footage of the class and the hallways to confirm" 

The only thing that was going through Keisuke's mind was the thought of when he had a conversation with the deceased. Something about all of this, since the moment he even walked up to her, something felt eerie about her. Keisuke felt really uneasy about this whole incident. He remembered her face vividly, the smile on her face but it wasn't a normal sweet smile. It was a smile that stretched from ear to ear and her eyes were fixated on him.

"I am not lying, she felt weird as if she was happy about something but not happy in the normal way, something weird"

The officers glanced at each other and then at the boy who was in front of them. His body language showed that he was scared of something, his palms clenched the material of his pants and his head hung low.  Keisuke knew that his interaction with the girl was not a normal interaction, it was as if something was drawing him in to talk to her. He didn't want to approach her in any way and yet he had found himself talking to her.

Suddenly he felt as if he was being watched by someone, not by people but by something.

He gulped, took a deep breath, and looked up, nowhere else but up.

There it was, a silhouette up in the sky, looking down at him.