Confused Sayuri

It was morning as Sayuri stirred in sleep and realised that she slept on the floor, but something soft under her head made her feel comfortable throughout the night. She moved a bit and realised it was an arm. She woke up in horror and realised that she has been sleeping on Kanha's shoulder whole night. Kanha was sleeping like a baby near her. She immediately moved back to create a distance between them when her dupatta gets stuck on his kada which was on the hand that wrapped her waist around. She shivered at their proximity as she felt weird not feeling awkward being this close to him. She slowly removed her dupatta from her kada, removed his arm, placed a warm blanket on him and went to bathe.

As a hot jet of spray touched her shivering body, all she could think was of last night & the pain in Kanha's eyes. She was confused as to what that pain was for. Him failing to keep his promise or something else... She quickly came out of her bathe as she got ready and realised that Kanha has already left the room. Panic striked her as thought of Kanha may have taken a rash decision comes to her mind as she quickly ran towards the door.

She was about to open the door when Kanha suddenly opened the door & they both collided with each other. "Sayu...", shouted Kanha as he immediately grabbed her from her waist and pulled her close to prevent her from falling. Sayuri closed her eyes as she stepped closer to him, one hand of hers in his hair while other grabbed his shirt. When they realised, Sayuri immediately stepped back from him and looked in his eyes. Before Kanha could ask her anything about her decision, Sayuri left the room. Kanha just stood their standing in shock and panic. He promised Sayuri last night that he will not interfere until and unless Sayuri decides to leave, hence he waited for her confirmation & then intrude.

There, Sayuri reached downstairs as she saw Nakul crying silently. Dadu & Dhanraj were also sitting numb while Saroj & Kusum had a winning smile pasted over their faces. Nakul saw Sayuri & immediately ran to hug her. Sayuri gets startled as he fumbled, "Bhabhi, hum aapko nahi jaane denge. Aap nahi jaa sakti. Bhai ko apne sambhala hai, hume bhi, hume aap hi chahiye ho. Please voh...voh Anjali nahi..." "KYUN NAKUL? Main Sayuri se achi bhabhi banke dikhaoungi, dekho ek achi bhabhi apne devar ke liye tauffa layi hai.", said Anjali as she entered the haveli and pranced proudly infront of everyone. Sayuri said nothing as she ran her hand on Nakul's hair and smiled lightly.

Anjali looked at Sayuri with jealousy as she said, "Nakul khol ke nahi dekhoge kya hai iss mein! Bahot acha tauffa layi hai tumhari hone wale bhabhi." Nakul sniffed as he said, "Rishte pyaar se bante hai, isse nahi. Hume bhabhi aur unka pyaar chahiye, yeh nahi. Apne pass rakho isse." Anjali looked shocked as she made a face and kept back her gift.
She looked at Sayuri as she said, "Packing puri ho gayi na... Aur Kanha kahi dikh nahi raha, kahan hai, humare kamare mein?" "Anjali, ek baat karni thi...", said Sayuri. "Tum apne saaman ki chinta mat karo Sayuri, main tumhara saara saman bhijwa dungi, tumhari ek bhi nishaani nahi rahegi iss ghar mein. Tum bas aaj hi chali jao.", interuppted Anjali. "Usse baare mein karni thi. Maine ek faisla liya hai... Ghar aur Kanha dono ko nahi chodne ka! I'm sorry, magar main yahi rahungi Kanha ki wife banke.", said Sayuri as everyone looked at her in shock.