Chapter 1: A little girl's nightmare

3 rd Person pov

Sobs escaped the little girl's mouth as her father screamed his disapproval of her little idea. with all the might she could muster back she whisper screamed "I just said I wanted to be like you" He turned his back to her and hissed back "either do the dishes or go to your room." The idea of her being in the royal guard and the fact she spoke back clearly dismayed him. She hmphed and ran lightly upstairs but instead of tucking herself into the creaky bed placed obnoxiously in the center of the small bedroom. Bookshelves on each side overflowing with mysterious tales of knights fighting dragons in far off lands and fairies making homes in little mushrooms. She grabbed her black cloak, hurriedly throwing its hood over her brown hair tucking the little white strand framing her face behind her ear. Slipping her stolen throwing knives in her belt and dragging a quiver of arrows and a well-crafted recurve bow from behind the crevasse she had carved out behind the painting a baron had given her parents as a gift to her as a baby. Replacing the painting to its original angle hiding the hole before the hooded figure slid through the small gap in the half open window. She ran through the woods near the cabin they called home her leather boots silently compressing leaves under her foot. She ran for what seemed like hours before finding her little grove she snuck of to most nights. She shrugged the bow of her shoulders in a matter of seconds, her aim wasn't the best and missed half her shots. A sigh escaped her down turned slightly parted lips. She whispered to herself "I'll make sure I'll get into that stupid royal guard"

And she did for years on end she trained at night sneaking through her window each time and making sure to return before dawn she taught herself how to use every weapon, she could get her fingers on. Every weapon she owned was stolen because of her parent's unwillingness and their unwantedness for her to learn weaponry therefore also teaching herself many thievery tricks.

Sorry it's really short and unedited next chapter will be out soon :)
Also I know this is categorised as fantasy that'll come later