ONE

i wipe the tear that has fallen from my eye as i cover the last bruise that's visible on my neck, my step brother, Josh, found out that i have been using his phone for the last couple of months to contact work, well thats why i have been actually using it. he thinks i use it to contact boys, no, ew, and he has been calling me a slut whatever that means ever since that. and that was last night. i take a step back to make sure none of my bruises or scars are showing on my outfit, which is a long tight sleeve shirt, and black skinny jeans.

i pull the sides of my hair backwards and secure them with a ribbon. i put on my black converse and slowly get out of my room. i reach downstairs to see my step dad, Alex, passed out on the couch with white powder under his nose did he eat a powdered donut? Josh is probably out getting some pills for him, at least thats what he says he does. i quietly walk into the kitchen and find a pizza box on the island. i open it only to find it empty, i should've guessed, i decided ill just eat something at work and walk out of the house.

I arrive a few minutes later and was greeted by the smell of freshly baked pastries and treats. "Hey lil" my best friend, Elena, greets me. Elena is the owner of this bakery, she is almost 28 years old and is engaged. "Hey el" i greet back as i put on my apron before making my way to a table with a notepad and pen. "Hello my name is L-lily and ill be your waitress for today" i turn and saw Leon, a regular customer, here with a woman who looks like him, but older. "Heyy Leon-bear" i say as he gets up and hugs me.

"Hi lily dilly" he greets back with a smirk, knowing i hate that nickname. "Oh i am so sorry for my manners, hello miss....." i trail off, not knowing Leon's last name. "Ramirez, but you can call me Jenna sweetie" she said sweetly. I blush at the nickname, and suddenly got really shy "s-so what would y-you guys like?" I say, "awww did little Lilly dilly get all shy" Len cooed, making me turn even a deeper shade of red. "Leave the poor girl alone before i ground you Leondis" his mom glared at him making him slouch back in his chair.

"Anyways dear, we would like a dozen of chocolate covered strawberries, for take out, and two caramel iced coffees please" Jenna ordered. "You like strawberries too?" I asked Jenna, since i know Leon is allergic, "oh no, me and Leon are allergic, its for my other son, he loves the ones from here, do you make them?" She asked. "Yes actually, and the chocolate is homemade, i make it myself" i say. My moms favorite thing in the world is my chocolate covered strawberries. That's why i always put my heart into every single one i make.

"Anyways, can we please have our order now, im fucking famished" i gasp at Leon. "Dont say a bad word" i glare at him. "Listen to what she says" his mother scolded. "Seriously ma, youre taking her side? I'm your god damn son" leon says shocked. "Language" both me and Jenna scolded him. "Anyways, your order should be here soon." I say and walk off to the kitchen.

*TIME SKIP TO THE END OF HER SHIFTT*

I'm in the kitchen making chocolate covered strawberries when i heard the entire cafe go quiet, the kitchen is an open kitchen so i move my head up and saw a man, covered in tattoos, and has an eyebrow ring, lip ring, and nose ring, staring down at me. He looks scary, and ugly. "I want you" he points at me. "Excuse me?" I say, creeped out. "Come home with me babygirl" he slurred, ohhh hes drunk. "I'm sorry s-sir but t-this is i-inappropriate" i say backing up and running to the back door.

I ran and found myself in a dark alley thats between a tattoo shop and a bar. I heard a cough and turned around to se a very all man, wearing a suit, holding a cigarette. Suddenly, i saw the scary man from the cafe behind him holding a gun to the tall mans head. The scary man couldn't see me since im pretty tiny, so I made a gun with my fingers, pointed it at my head, then pointed it behind me. The tall man looked confused but realized and immediately turned around and took the gun from the scary guys hand. And held both of his hands behind his back in a quick motion.

"You think youre smart huh?" The tall guy asked. "You thinking running around chasing woman is funny huh?" He asked. Glaring at the scary man. Not sure if hes scary anymore. "Leave, and if i saw you with a woman, any woman, i wont hesitate to kill you, fatto?" The tall man spit out. (got it?). "Si capo" the guy winced and ran away to wherever. (Yes boss). The tall man turned around to face me and i studied his features. Sharp jawline, messy black hair that fall over his forehead. Grey eyes. Wow he's pretty.

"Thanks" a deep voice spoke and i realized i said that out loud. Oh shucks. "Shucks? Really?" He said raising an eyebrow."Yes, i wont, and will never cuss." I say crossing my arms across my chest, trying to be intimidating. But that didnt work cuz he started chuckling. "First off all, youre grammar is wrong tesoro, second, off all, dont cross your arms again." He said, looking like he was gonna explode. "Why?" I say and squeeze my arms tighter across my chest.

My eyes trail down his figure and last in his pants. I saw something huge and said "do you also have a gun?". "Why would i take the mans gun if i had a gun of my own? No I dont have one on me" he said, a little bit of sweat dripping down his forehead. "Oh then whats that?" I point my finger to the huge thing in his pants. He groans and runs his fingers through his hair. Leon also does that. "Do you know Leon and Jenna?" I blurt. His eyes widen and immediately he says "how do you know them?" Not hiding the shock in his tone.

"Well funny story actually, leon is a regular customer in the cafe down the road, so the first time we met i was in a hurry and spilled my coffee on his new suit, so and i was late to work and my boss tried firing me, but leon came and saved me. And i met Jenna today, she's so sweet, me and her scold leon for swearing too much and she said her son loves the chocolate covered strawberries i make, but i knew it wasnt leon cuz he's allergic and so-" my rambling was cut off by him placing his hands on my shoulder.

"Calm down tesoro, yes i know them, they're my mom and brother, so your the one who makes my favorite thing in the world?" He asks smirking down at me. I blushed and started playing with my fingers."i guess" I mumbled. He chuckled and lifted my chin with his fingers. It wasnt a hard grip like josh's, but i still got scared and flinched back. I got embarrassed and quickly ran away from him. Leaving him in the dark alley.