Prologue

Shaie was the daughter of late billionaire Marque Malaie. When she took over her father's business at the age of 24, she came to the realisation that something was lacking from her life, her relationships, and her happiness. She recently broke off an engagement that left her cold and brokenhearted. Ashley, James, Melisa, and Janice, her best friends, banded together to help Shaie discover true happiness.

Chance never imagined that he would discover true happiness while enjoying a stroll through the Getty Center at the Central Garden in Los Angeles. Shaie Malaie was seated on a bench nearby, looking pensive and depressed. Considering that she was his competitor, he fought the impulse to talk to her, but he did it nonetheless.

Shaie had no idea she would ever cross paths with Chance Knight, her rival. Although she thought Chance was attractive, she was aware that he was a playboy who had affairs with any woman he could find. She thought she should dislike him at first, but she had no idea that beneath that icy exterior was a heart full of love and passion. After a romantic evening at a business meeting in Jamaica, they realized they were slowly falling for one another.

James Knight, Shaie's best friend, had an obsession with Shaie. When he discovered that his despised cousin, Chance, had kidnapped the love of his life's heart, he vowed to enact revenge on his cousin and get Shaie at any cost, even if it meant killing someone. He was wealthy and connected, much like Shaie, so he could have what he wanted.