𝟗| 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞, 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞

ANTHEA

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

One year later

As I walked through the dark streets of the city, I couldn't help but feel a sense of power and control. This was my territory and everyone knew it. I had worked hard to become the most respected in the city. A title that came with a price - I had to be the most cold-hearted person out there.

Making decisions doing things that you cannot ever dream about doing it.

I had no feelings, or at least that's what I made myself believe. Emotions were a weakness, a luxury I couldn't afford in my line of work. Every move, every decision I made was calculated, devoid of any sentiment.

I don't care, I don't know and I don't fuck... around.

I reached my destination, a dimly lit warehouse where my men were waiting for me. As I entered, they all stood up, a sign of respect for their leader. They knew better than to cross me.

"What's the update on the shipment?" I asked, removing my leather gloves and taking a seat at the head of the table.

"Boss, we hit a snag. The rival gang has intercepted our trucks," one of my men answered, fear evident in his voice.

I remained calm, analyzing the situation. This was just business, nothing personal. I had worked out every possible scenario and had a backup plan for each one.

"Send a message to Salvator - he knows what to do," I replied, my tone cold and unfeeling.

One of my men, Tony, spoke up. "Boss, are you sure? Salvatore has been known to get trigger-happy."

I turned my piercing gaze towards him. "Do I need to remind you who's in charge here? You will do as I say," my voice was steady and commanding.

Tony nodded, knowing better than to argue with me. I could see the fear in his eyes, the fear of disappointing me. But that's what made me a successful leader - my men knew that failing me was not an option.

Or they will fucking end up with their family body parts all over their property.

As they all scurried to carry out my orders, I sat back, my mind wandering to the days before I became this.

A time when I was just an innocent girl with love and hope in her heart.

I pushed those thoughts away. I couldn't afford to let my guard down, not even for a second. Emotions were just a weakness, a hindrance that could get me killed in this line of work.

Fucking weakness.

I was brought back to reality as my phone rang. It was Salvatore, informing me that the problem had been taken care of. A small smirk formed on my lips, a sign of satisfaction.

"You see, boys, that's how business is done. No emotions, just pure logic and strategy," I stated, looking around the table at my men.

They all nodded in agreement, knowing that I was the best at what I did. As I stood up to leave, my phone rang again. This time, it was a call from my special friend.

I paused for a second, contemplating whether or not to answer. But then, I had to remind myself that love was not something I could afford. I let the call go to voicemail and walked out of the warehouse, ready to face whatever came my way.

Being a mafia leader may have made me the most cold-hearted person out there, but it also made me the most powerful. And that's all that mattered in this ruthless world.

Now, everyone is playing my game.