one

Ouch. 

God, I hated training with him.

"Get off the floor", was all I heard as I pushed my sweaty body off the cold matts. I turned to look at the man before me.

Dark hair and piercing blue eyes stared at my body as if I was nothing but a figment of someone's imagination.

"Why didn't you stop me," he asked, tilting his head slightly to the left. "Because Kai, I wasn't ready to make out with the floor", I teased back, trying to read his face. He started to laugh, "Elizabeth, that's all the action you ever get"

That was all it took. I swung at him, but before my fist could get anywhere near that stupid face of his, I was on the floor... again.

Sighing, I pushed myself back up. Sweat dripped off my body, creating an image of where I was lying. "This is over", I muttered, grabbing my water bottle and walking towards the metal door.

Before I grabbed the handle, I felt his body behind me. Hands-on my waist, every inch of his body pressed against mine, almost matching me perfectly. Warmth radiated off his body. "Princess, you can do better. You know you can," Kai whispered, his lips ghosting over my ear.

I was turning around, coming face to face with the man behind me. I was seductively grabbing his hands before twisting them to the breaking point. Pain contorted his somewhat appealing features. I let go before doing any actual damage.

" Never touch me like that again, asshole" Turning back towards the door, leaving him in the training room.

Walking down the same old bland white corridors was the most tedious part of my day. My boots were the only noise I could hear. The lights blinded me, causing me to stop walking for a second and rub my eyes. Blinking quickly to clear up my vision, turning down the next hallway to be met with what the government describes as a replica of what the outside used to look like. I would never know. It was just a hot room with fake grass.

Soon I would; I was going to get out. Or at least attempt.

I continued to keep my head down. I kept walking towards my room, passing the officers in the halls.

After minutes of walking blindly down those god-forsaken halls, I hit my door. The second I stepped inside, my boots came off and hit the floor with a subtle bang. I collapsed on the somewhat decent bed. Groaning, I rolled over, coming to terms that I had left a sweat print of my body on my cleanish sheets, dragging myself to the bathroom to get rid of everything that I had felt today.

Turning the light on, yet again blinding myself. I stared at myself in the mirror we had, barely able to fit most of my body inside it.

Glamour was always something that people who could afford it were fixated on. It was something and will be something I never understand. I couldn't even recognise myself. Everything I thought I knew was gone.

Pulling my dirty blonde hair out of its ponytail, I watched it fall down my back. Little pieces slowly started to frame my features. Hazel's eyes stare back at my delicate parts. Reaching up slowly, I started grazing my face.

My gaze moved down to my muscular shoulders, finding the various colours forming on my skin. The top was tight against my chest, almost covering the previous scars from that stupid armed combat. My gaze stopped at the right side of my chest. I was staring at the white line crossing from my chest to my upper arm. Memories flooded my head as I turned away from the mirror.

I reached up to wipe away the falling tear. I reached into the shower, turning it on. Trying to distract my mind, I quickly got undressed and hopped in.

The cold water hitting my skin felt refreshing. Every muscle slowly relaxed, closing my eyes, letting my body relax. I gently stretched, removing the last kinks before grabbing the soap and giving my body a well-needed scrub.

I was getting out of the shower and drying myself off. I grabbed the first thing in my draw. I was throwing my clothes and my now wet towel into the basket. I jumped into my bed. As soon as I hit the pillow, I was out cold.