Chapter 2 || Little Miss Fortune

Yoù̴̢͉̬͖̬͎̤̩̖̔̊̇̃͒.̵̮̱͕̬̘̾̎.̵̳̄͆.̵̫̮̹̦̻̜͓̝͒̒͐̂̿̋̕͘͝.̸̻̣͎̆͋̄̒̾̄͑͆̾̕͜ͅ.̶̙̲̔̍̔͊͂̉̒̅̚͝ŭ̴̞̽͗̑̆̒͊̏̀p

..mus....u..p̸̭̠̤͔̫̦̐̈̌́̋̈́͑̍͠

".̵̫̮̹̦̻̜͓̝͒̒͐̂̿̋̕͘͝.̸̻̣͎̆͋̄̒̾̄͑͆̾̕͜ͅ . . .Wake up"'

You open your eyes to meet the gaze of the abyss staring back. Your body felt soulless, you

couldn't move. Your mind was blank, you couldn't think.

You attempted to blink a few times, only feeling the cold crawl further down your back.

'Lifeless' .

It was the one and only word to explain this feeling.

Your chest expanded as you took a breath in, then sinking down deeper, carving out your ribs.

The beat of your heart slowed, the only sound filled your ears, thumping throughout your body. It was like hitting the top of a half-filled glass, with a spoon. The only memorable sound of the glass ringing, that being your body vibrating to your heart's dying melody.

'Black' everything surrounding you was black. Infact, you couldn't see anything, even if you squinted your eyes. The darkness was an impenetrable wall that surrounded everything and anything, including you.

A dark black void.

So empty

So lonely

Yet it was the most complete thing, filled with something more than just life and light.

Perhaps this was all a dream, one you would wake from- the sun kissing your face as you laid on the warm sand, the tides calm, the wind soft. But maybe it wasn't a dream, except it was a place in your subconscious mind. A place where you could close your eyes and get the very thing you always wanted- an eternal slumber, an endless peace where nothing could ever bother you.

But what if you didn't want to close your eyes, or to have an eternity of silence. But have the want to stay awake, and listen to your faint breath as the icy cold slowly ate you away till you were no longer conscious. But what if it didn't happen- what if you didn't die out? But stay alive in a cold endless cycle- cold-bounded.