Chapter One

Chapter One

"Please welcome, Elizabeth Montgomery"!
Every bright translucent spotlight was glowing on my skin as the crowds eyes were intensely gazing at my appearance.

My body swayed with the soft and romantic rhythm of the music as my white crystlized ballerina costume that shined its glistening specks of sparkle dust with the volume of the spotlights made it more breath taking. The crowd were dancing their eyes with my movements as I twirled and danced beautifully across the stage with the beat of the music. As the song was ended, I slowly slowed my dance movements like telling an end of a story.

Once my feet stopped as soon the music strung out into a flat note at the end of the song, my head was bowed down to catch a single precious breath.

Soon the flat note ended. The crowd clapped graciously with joyment and excitement. I slowly stood up looking at every soul that had a smile on their faces and felt a spark of achievement that I thought I will never feel. In that second, I felt like a winner.

As the show came to a end, I went backstage to the dressing room to grab my black winters above the knee trench coat that I tied a bow on my waist. I slipped off my white dance heels off as I slipped on my black Vans shoes and snatch my purse before I darted outside.

When I open the exit doors and cold chill washed over me leaving me nothing but my skin ice cold. I looked up and saw the midnight sky that swarmed above me as the stars twinkled in my blue orbit eyes, it was like a a everlasting moment that was so beautiful that you never stop looking at it.

A loud car honk jumped me out of my skin. The car pulled on the side of the sidewalk as they turn down the window revealing their faces.

"Do you need a ride home"? Cassie asked.

Cassie is probably one of my best friends since preschool that I can rely on everytime I needed something. Honestly she convinced me to this dance academy so she won't be the only person from Lincoln High School, and I'm actually thankful that she made me go to this academy school because its being this person is my passion and dream.

"No, that's all right. I think i'll walk home" I said.

"Its like twenty degress outside, are you sure"? Cassie asked.

Every moment I stood there longer it got colder. "I'm sure but thank you" I spoke as a puff of my cold breathed out in the air infront of me.

"Okay then, see you at dance residuals" Cassie spoke the last time before she drove away.

As I was walking home in the darkest hour of the night it felt like the coldest night that I've ever felt probably because it was around the beginning of December. Everything is cold in December.

Soon as I arrived home around midnight, all the lights were out throughout the house, I opened the door that was unexpectly unlocked. Closing the door behind me without making a single sound. My feet hurried up the stairs before I could get caught by my parents for entering the house in this late of hour.

I quietly open my bedroom door and closing it, my purse slid off of my shoulder down my arm to the floor along with my shoes. I walked up towards the pictures of all of my performances that I've done for the past three years. Seeing myself out there on that stage make me wonder if this is my career, my life and my passion. It was my passion but I don't think it is my life.

As I stared at the pictures I looked like a girl just in a desperate need for a breakout moment for people see the real meaning of the girl that is telling a story on stage, not any story. But her story.

That night I lay in bed thinking about my passion, my hopes and dreams and wonder if dancing is the absolute best what I can do for the rest of my life.