Chapter one - The boring life of Kageyama Tobio

"HOW HAVE YOUR GRADES GONE DOWN AGAIN!? YOU'RE FAILING EVERY CLASS!"
"Father, I'm trying! I really am! It's not my fault!"
"THEN WHOSE IT IS HUH?! IS YOUR TEACHER MARKING YOUR WORK WRONG?!"
"N-no b-"
"EXACTLY! SO YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE!"
"I'm sorry fath-"
"OUT"
"what?"
"SHOYO, GET OUT OF MY HOUSE"
"B-But"
"NOW"

...

"Good set Kageyama!"
Kageyama had made yet another perfect set. It wasn't really fun anymore. When he first started he got all tingly. He felt his hands sting when it hit the ball. Every time the spiker spiked the ball perfectly, he felt as though he had accomplished something. But not anymore. Even when Tanaka got all energetic and excited every time he hit the ball, it wasn't amusing. It was probably because he was practicing 24/7. He never took a break off of volleyball. He would practice, then eat, then watch volleyball matches on YouTube, then practice. That routine had become muscle memory at this point. Every time he played when he was younger, it was a rush of adrenaline. Every time he learnt something new, it was so exciting.
"Alrighty everyone, great work! Make sure you clean up and Tanaka you have to close up!"
"Yes sir!" Karasuno all yelled in unison as they went to their allocated cleaning spaces.
Once Kageyama had finished collecting the balls and helping Tanaka figure out how to lock the gym, he headed home. Most of the way he just stared at his feet, dragging along the pavers, hands in his pockets. This is what he did. He had a pretty boring life. He would do the same things everyday; Wake up at 5am, get ready for school, go to school, do school, go home, do homework, get ready, go to bed. His routine was the same. The only part of his day that would change is when he was at school. You never know what could happen at school. Today for example, he bumped into a 3rd year. Even though he's a first year, he was much taller and ended up scaring the girl off by accident. That was one downside to being Kageyama.

"Great job today everyone! Make sure you bring in the forms tomorrow!"
"Yes sir!"
Again, Kageyama walked home, slouched over, hands in his pockets. He was in his own world when he saw this puff of orange further down the road. He headed over and realised.. it was a person?