Chapter 3

It was over.

With the help of Tsubasa and the guy who suddenly appeared and named Misaki, they scored Wakabayashi 2 times.

But it was equal.

The match finished 2-2.

Tsubasa...he was laying on the floor and looking at score board. And suddenly, someone's hand reached out to him. When Tsubasa looked at there he became a little bit shock. It was Wakabayashi, smiling brightly.

''Well played, Tsubasa. Congratulations.''

Tsubasa first looked at him a bit shocked, and than smiled to him and took his hand to get up.

''You also played well, Wakabayashi.''

Wakabayashi helped him to get up. Even tho Tsubasa get up, they still were holding hands and looking at eachother, like they are all alone in the field.

''Hey Tsubasa!''

Tsubasa shaked his head a bit and looked where the voice come from. It was Misaki, smiling to him and walking towards him.

''It was really fun to play with you!''

Tsubasa smiled and turned to Misaki.

''It was also very fun to play with you Misaki!''

Wakabayashi, who was watching them, smiled a little bit to them and started to walk towards his team. He was feeling a bit strange, because when Misaki came, he felt something he had never felt before. Something normal, but very unusual to him...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A few days passed.

In those few days, the elections happened. Tsubasa, Misaki, Wakabayashi, surprisingly Ishizaki, and some players from Shutetsu was in the same team and Wakabayashi was the captain. When they were training at the field, suddenly, someone stole the ball from Ishizaki and Ishizaki fell on to the floor.

''Hey! What the hell?!'' he said in pain and looked at the guy who took the ball. The guy smirked and looked at others.

''I'm Hyuga Kojiro of the Meiwa FC, from Saitama!''

Wakabayashi's eyebrows frowned.

''So? What businnes do you have in here?''

The guy continued to smirk.

''I'm here to test you, Wakabayashi Genzo, the genius keeper.''

''Wait, what?!''

Ishizaki yelled.

''WHAT THE HELL?! WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF TRAINING! GET YOUR IDIOT BODY OUT OF HERE!''

''No, Ishizaki. Let him do it.''

''Wh-What?!''

Genzo got in position. Hyuga also got in position.

''Here I come, Wakabayashi!''

''Bring it on!''

Hyuga immediately took a shot, but it was going right in the middle of the goal.

''Right in the middle?! DON'T UNDERESTIMATE ME!''

Then he catched the ball. But the ball suddenly slipped from his hand.

''W-Wakabayashi-kun!''

Hyuga started to laugh.

''Well done 'genius keeper' but that was just a start. You won't see this kind of weak shots in the real match.''

Hyuga started to walk away from there, but suddenly stopped when he noticed Misaki.

''Misaki? Is that you? You ended up here?''

''Hi, Hyuga. Long time no see.''

''You are in the right place, tell them how tough and good Meiwa really is.''

Hyuga then turned to Wakabayashi.

''Wakabayashi, I will wait for you at the Nationals. Meiwa will take the National Title this year!''

Hyuga left. When he left, Wakabayashi looked at his hands. His gloves were damaged.

''Misaki-kun, you know him?''

''Yeah. For just a short while, I used to be in Meiwa. Hyuga, is the captain and ace striker of Meiwa FC. He is a very offensive soccer player.''

Wakabayashi came next to them.

''Very offensive soccer player, huh?''

Tsubasa looked at him.

''W-Wakabayashi!''

He turned to him and looked at his hand. He looked at him with a little bit worried eyes then held his hands.

''Are you okey?!''

Genzo looked at him and smiled him warmly, then held his hand.

''Yes I am, Tsubasa. Don't worry.''

Tsubasa became a little bit satisfied and smiled to him. His worried eyes became more calmed. Wakabayashi than turned to others.

''His shot sure was powerfull. I am not even sure that I would be able to catch that shot If it was not in the center.''

''Meiwa is a tough team.''

''Wait, are they THAT good?''

''Yes, they are. And from what I saw today, Hyuga has really improved.''

But Tsubasa smiled with excited face.

''So they are good huh?!''

''What is up with you Tsubasa? Why are you happy about it?''

''If we are going to play, the tougher, the better!''

Wakabayashi smiled at Tsubasa and than looked at others.

''Alright! We are going to make it to the Nationals! And we will face Hyuga! No matter how other teams are strong, I will not let them score any goals!''

''YES!!''

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The training was over. Everyone was packing their things. When Tsubasa was about to leave from field, someone called his name.

''Hey Tsubasa!''

Tsubasa looked at where the voice came from. It was Wakabayashi.

''Do you have extra time?''

''Uh, yes. Why?''

''Wanna walk around a little bit?''

''Oh, sure!!''

Wakabayashi smiled and they went from a different path. 

''Well, you know just a few things about me and I know just a few things about you. Why don't we talk while walking a bit?''

''Oh, sure! Nice idea!''

Tsubasa again smiled so cutely. Wakabayashi blushed a bit and smiled to him.

''So? I heard that our first match was your first match. Didn't your old school have a soccer team?''

''No. They did not have a soccer team.''

''You didn't even play in a small match with your friends?''

''I did not have any friends in my old school.''

Genzo stopped in shock.

''Wait what?''

''Yeah, but it was okey! I had my soccer ball as my friend!''

Genzo was still confused about how he did not have any friends.

''...well, I guess...we kinda have same things.''

Tsubasa looked at him with a bit curious.

''How?''

''...Before being a member in Shutetsu, I also was very lonely.  I only had coach Mikami and a soccer ball. ''

''Oh...I see.''

But Genzo looked at Tsubasa and smiled. His hand leaned to Tsubasa's hand and held it. 

''But after I joined, I found friends like Taki, Kisugi, Takasugi and Izawa. Just like you finding Ishizaki and Misaki after joining Nankatsu.''

Tsubasa smiled and held his hand.

''Yeah you are right!''

Genzo also smiled and they continued to walk while still holding hands. Hours passed. They still were talking and telling more about them.

''Ah, it is almost 6pm. I have to go.''

''Oh, okey. Want me to accompany there Tsubasa?''

''I think my house is a bit far away from yours.''

''It is okey, I have a little bit more time.''

''Ah, okey then If you want!''

They started to walk to Tsubasa's house. Luckily, Mrs.Ozora was out so she wouldn't know Tsubasa got home late. Tsubasa once again smiled at Genzo and got in. Genzo smiled after him and went to his own house. He was waiting for night time to call his father and tell him a little bit about his friend, Tsubasa. He always would call his father when something exciting happens.

This time, he was VERY excited about calling and telling it to him.

Because he thought he was the only one that was alone at the beginning...

To be continued...