Chapter 2

Ash’s POV

Aiden was standing across the principal’s office leaning on the lockers, lost in his thoughts as always, but looking so hot in his black V neck t shirt and blue rugged jeans. Only he could look so hot in those clothes. He looked up and caught my eye. I saw pain and regret in his eyes and my heart felt like it had been run over by a car several times.

“Hey Ash, we’ve got to talk.” Aiden walked towards me, I was ready for the ‘it’s not you, it’s me’ break up speech. My heart felt like someone has squeezed it into a can of orange juice, I couldn’t breathe, my throat felt like I swallowed a burning pot. Tears fought to come out of my eyes the closer he got to me.

“I’m sorry Ash, I don’t want to but-” Aiden started.

“You have to.” I cut in, casting my eyes to the ground.

“Yeah, how did you know?” A curious look passed his face.

Annoyance passed through me. Couldn’t he at least look like he was sad. After a while, I looked up into his beautiful eyes, 

“I’ve seen the signs. You don’t talk to me, you are always distant, you don’t like spending time with me, you haven’t told me you love me in a while.” I sniffled. 

“How is that related to me going to Russia?” Confusion passed his face.

“Russia?”

“Yeah, I thought you knew, I’m going to Russia to visit my family for a year, my cousin will come over for a while and take my place at school. I love you, did you think I was breaking up with you? No never, you are the most important thing in my life.” I was taken aback by that, Aiden never said things as sweet as that. Aiden place his hands on my cheek in a way that made shivers go through my body.

“Oh, an entire year?” What he said just started to sink in my brain.

“Yes, I'm sorry, but Jesse, my cousin will be here for the year, I’m leaving tonight. I love you Ash, don't ever forget that okay?.” He kissed me slowly and passionately, he pulled me as close as we could possible get with our clothes on. He slowly backed away and walked towards his car. What I saw in his eyes could never make me forget his love. He walked away slowly, but my eyes didn’t leave his figure until he was a smaller than a pebble.

William, my father walked out of the office. He turned towards me, for a moment I thought I saw his eyes turn silver but it was gone instantly, I mentally told myself to go to the eye doctor when I left school. William slowly walked to my side.

“Are you okay?” He asked when he appeared beside me. I walked away without a single glance at him.

øøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøøø

I turned on the radio and pulled out of the school parking lot. I headed to the mall to distract myself from my dad’s reappearance and Aiden’s sudden departure. I saw a black SUV tailing me in my side mirror. I changed destination and drove to my best friend, Sasha’s house instead, too afraid to be alone. I drove faster but he matched my speed. My little Volkswagen compete with his SUV. I kept my eyes on the road, my heart was racing, I decided not to look at the mirror and concentrate on the road. When I arrived at Sasha’s house, I turned back to see the car, the black SUV disappeared. My stomach churned at the thought of the disappearing SUV. I took my things and headed for the front door. I stumbled on the stairs due to my quick pace. The big mahogany door was slightly ajar. The lights were all shut down. I began to worry. I pushed it open further and grabbed an umbrella from the doorstep. I took slow quiet steps towards the kitchen trying not to make a sound. I heard something fall to the ground. My heart raced faster than a galloping horse. I took a breath and jumped into view. I swung the umbrella, without giving it another thought. I realized too late that is was Sasha’s father, Bobby. I hit him on the head. A dark purple bruise formed on the spot he was hit. He shouted loud enough for Sasha and her mom to come rushing down the stairs panicking. My hand flew to my mouth in shock.

“What? What’s wrong?” Sasha and her mom were hurriedly dashing down the stairs to see what the commotion was. They barged into the kitchen. The moment their eyes saw me, a look of confusion passed on their faces.

“A-Ash? Why are you in my house? What-What happened?” Sasha eyes my curiously. I spun around to look back at her father but instead my gaze was brought upon a man dressed in a suit and tie identical to my father's, standing behind a tree, staring into the window at me. Sasha gripped my shoulders and shook me, “Ash, Ash you okay? Your look like you’ve seen a nasty vampire.”

“Oh. Oh my god, I’m sorry so sorry for disturbing you and for that bruise, I thought someone broke in and you were in trouble, I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry.” I looked away from the window and stared at the throbbing spot on Bobby’s forehead. His eyes flashed a shade of silver, I knew I saw then my eyes weren't playing tricks with me. My heart sped up, I knew I had to get out quickly.

“I’m sorry, I should go now.” I ran towards the door without a single look at Sasha and her family. Silver eyes from William and Bobby, creepy man watching me, disappearing SUV. I knew something was wrong, and it had something to do with the appearance father.