three

I was not sure if I should tell chacha that i did not want to study- that i can't fill my brain with dumb books. I had to do something out of the way. I could not do what everyone was doing.
      Everytime I made up my mind to talk to my chacha about the matter I got weak- i got weak when I saw the same warm hazel eyes of my father looking at me( of course my chacha was my father's younger brother, they had the same eyes). How my heart ached when I felt my father looking at me, a father who had done so much for me. Even though baba-my father- had died, I still had him with me all the time. When I looked at my chacha, i saw a glimpse of my father. My chacha was no less than another father to me.
      Chacha and chachi had never made me feel parentless even though i had lost my mama and baba- my mother and father in a house fire 7 years ago.
      They gave me what I asked, they treated me like a daughter they never had. They had done more than i could ask for. My chachi- my chacha's wife always used to say to me, "Maybe god didn't give us a child because he wanted us to have you. Isra, i swear you are the best daughter any parent could wish for.
      I would tell them how I was grateful to have them as my parents 6 years later.