Chapter 1

After a month of going to bed alone, Derek has had enough.

"A bedtime?" Stiles asks, brow furrowed and face unbelieving.

Derek gives a firm nod, arms crossed in front of him as he stands in a worn tank top and sweatpants in front of Stiles. He knows Stiles is going to brush this whole thing off and think Derek's being ridiculous, but when he finds out the consequences, he'll learn.

Stiles stands up from the couch, throwing the video game controller in his hand on the cushion next to him, and moves into Derek's space.

"But what if I'm not tired?" Stiles asks with a mischievous grin as he runs his fingers up Derek's sides, making him shiver and relax a little at the touch.

"I didn't say you had to go to sleep, I just said you had to come to bed," Derek replies, lifting an eyebrow to imply just what he means.

Stiles smiles wide and wraps his arms around Derek's neck, Derek's hands naturally coming to rest at Stiles's hips. "I like the sound of that," Stiles whispers against Derek's lips before closing the distance and giving Derek a dirty kiss that has them both breathless when they part.

"I mean it, Stiles," Derek says, trying and failing to give his voice the firmness he wants. Stiles can make him weak at the knees and give up his resolve so easily. It's why this problem has persisted for so long. Sometimes Derek has a hard time telling Stiles no or refusing to give him what he wants.

Stiles's brow furrows, and he puts on an air of seriousness. "I know, babe, I will be there. In bed. Let me wrap up this raid with Scott, and I will come to bed."

"You have fifteen minutes, Stiles. And if you're not in bed by then, I'm starting without you," Derek says, withdrawing from the warm circle of Stiles's embrace and padding towards their bedroom.

"This will take ten minutes, tops, I swear. I am right behind you." He picks up his game controller from the couch and un-pauses the game, not even sitting back down, as if to keep himself from getting too comfortable.