Part 18

After the funeral we return to the Jedi Temple together. Marcus quickly walks away, towards his room. "We need to have a council meeting." Master Windu states. Nodding my head I follow the other Masters to the Council Chambers.

"Master Callridge, what happened to Sirra?" Master Plo asks. "We were fighting the Sith and we were trying to tire her out to arrest her. Sirra got distracted and she... she was stabbed through the chest." I answer looking at my hands at the end. "Master Gallia, what happened after Sirra's death?" Master Windu asks looking to the other woman who was with me. "We killed the Sith. She tried to kill us and she had already killed Sirra." Adi states. "Anger I sense in Marcus. Guilt I sense in you, Esther." Master Yoda states. "I should have made sure they were more prepared." I reply continuing to look at my hands. "It was only supposed to be negotiations, there's no way you could have known a Sith would be there." Master Shaak Ti states. "The negotiations never happened." I reply. "There's nothing more you could have done. Keep a closer eye on Marcus, he will be more likely to turn to the dark side now than ever." Master Yaddle says.

Looking out the window I sigh softly and stand from my chair. "He won't even look at me, let alone talk to me." I state. "He blames me for Sirra's death and says he can't trust me to protect him or anyone." I add moving closer to the window. "He is grieving, give him time and he will come around." Master Windu states. 

Nodding I lean against the wall resting my head on a pillar. "Focus on training Marcus. Give him until the end of the week, then resume training." Master Plo states. I nod my head in acknowledgement. "Rest, we must. Speak more in the morning, we will." Master Yoda states before allowing the Masters to leave. 

Before I know it, Obi-wan and I are the only two left in the room. "Let's get some rest. I know you're tired." he says softly. "What if Marcus is right? What if I can't be trusted to protect anyone?" I ask sadly. "You will do your best. We cannot protect the entire galaxy." he replies. "You can teach Marcus how to be more prepared to fight a Sith, teach him more skills with the lightsaber." Obi-wan adds. 

When we reach our room, I quickly change into a soft blue night dress that only goes down to mid-thigh. "Goodnight, love." Obi-wan says softly pulling me into his chest. Soon enough his breathing lulls me to sleep.

-------------------------------

It's been a week since Sirra's death. A week since Marcus lost trust in me. Now we are training once more. "You don't have to like being in my presence, but you will learn your skills." I state sternly. "What skills could you possibly have to teach me?" Marcus asks rolling his eyes. "There are many things you still don't know. You will master the art of welding a lightsaber. You will remain by my side until I am positive you are capable of handling anything that comes at you." I state with no room for argument. 

We train hard for hours upon hours from the early lights of morning until long after the sun goes down. "Come back at the same time tomorrow." I state before exiting the training room. These next few years of training will either make or break him.