THEY MEET

POV: Toaster

I have been sitting here, doing nothing, for a whole two weeks! With a family of 3 living here, you would think they'd use the toaster at least once a week, right?

WRONG!

They haven't. I know it's normal for toasters to not be used much, but for me that's a concerning pause in usage! They used to use me at least once or twice during their busy weeks, but suddenly it has stopped completely without any warning!

Maybe I'm just overthinking it, and just being paranoid, or maybe I'm right and I've reached the end of the line. Well, I've had 2 weeks to assess the situation and mourn over the abrupt loss of usage. I think I'm ready to be put away again. If not, thrown away.

No more thinking intrusive thoughts! I need to be hopeful. Jillian and the child, Tate, should be coming home in a few minutes. About 30 minutes ago they went off to go get groceries. Meaning that maybe they were just breadless and didn't have anything to put inside me!

One can only hope

No ones point of view:

Jillian and her daughter Tate were coming home from Walmart. For some reason, Tate insisted on tagging along. Tate says it's cause she's bored, but Jillian knows it's cause she just wants some strawberries and maybe a new toy.

As soon Jillian parked in the garage, the two got out of the car and went to take the groceries out of the trunk. They really didn't get a lot. Only 5 bags lay there. Jillian picked up all 5 of the bags, leaving one bag for last to take a cow plush out of the bags. Tate's eyes glowed with delight as she saw the cow coming out of the bag. She took the cow in her arms and Tate's smile shined brightly.

"Thank you thank you thank you mum!" Tate exclaimed "No worries, Tate," Jillian said with fond eyes. Tate ran inside to go tell her other mum about the cow. Jillian smiled softly at the childish ways of her little Tate. She hummed a random song as she picked up the last bag and closed the trunk and walked off inside to go greet her wife.

POV: Toaster

I heard the garage door open, and my breath hitched. Maybe they'll come back with some bread! I watched as little Tate ran into the house calling for her other mother, Mabel, with a cow plush in her hands. I was fond of Tate because of her childish antics and how innocent she was. In a good way. Tate is like a breath of fresh air, and a ball of energy and sunshine! Who wouldn't love Tate?

Following after Tate was Jillian a bit later. This is it, make it or break it. I watched tentatively as she carefully took out the various of groceries, they had bought at the store that day. Then, I saw the packaging. The packaging I recognized as soon as I saw it. White bread. I was delighted as I saw that beautiful white bread being put out of the Walmart bag. The bread glanced over at me with a look of sorrow and dread. I didn't notice though. I smiled at the bread, blinded by my own happiness and delight.

Jillian picked up the bread and sat them on the basket next to me, still in packaging. 'This is finally happening!' I thought. I would finally be used after what felt like a hundred years! I guess I really was overthinking.

"Hello!" I greeted to the food beside me. I wanted them to like me, we will be next to each other for the next few weeks.

"Hi," they said weakly. I smiled brightly at them. "Do you have a name? Or would you just like me to call you bread? What's your pronouns?"

The conversation went like that, me bombarding them with questions, and them answering after every single one. I couldn't help it! I was just so excited!

Here's what I found out:

They don't want to tell me they're actual name, they were just fine with me calling them bread

His pronouns are he/they

He was previously on a Walmart shelf

They're favorite color is some shade of blue, specifically Bleu De France. Bread told me it's the stripe of color on his packaging. I really like saying that name because it makes me feel snazzy.

That's all the information I got before he wanted me to leave him alone. With newfound boredom, I decided to take nap to pass the time before I get used again.

Man, this is gonna be great!

----------------------------------

A/N: Welp here is the promised longer chapter. They have finally met! This book is honestly a joke but I'm starting to get interested in the plot now lol. Anyways, halfway through I thought of puting an au in this but im not doing it anymore.  Sorry for the late update

874 words

-Quinn