Chapter 25

"Are you happy now? Satisfied?" I asked Alana. She was driving. Alana would threw one small pretzel into her mouth. Crunch-crunch-crunch... how annoying!

I had to go with them. Part of me didn't want to be alone in the house, since Emi had gone to visit her old friend, and the house seemed to be empty without her. Another reason was fear: I was afraid that Alana might make a scandal: she is a foreigner; what if anything goes wrong! But what could really go right? An absurd situation. Are they hoping to turn this straight into a lesbian out of nowhere?

"You just need a show," I said. "You got bored so you decided to play."

"That's right. You figured out my cunning plan," Alana chuckled. She thought I was joking.

We were talking in low voices as Andrijana fell asleep in the back seat. She did not sleep all night, and I had no idea how she would even be  honest with her straight friend about how she feels.

"She needs a shock therapy. As soon as her straight shit turns her away, she will immediately stop paying attention to all these long-nailed girls, and she will surely start dating and falling for good lesbians. She needs a vaccine against girls like her bestie. Give me coffee, please!"

I did as she told me. The young woman took a sip. She closed her eyes with pleasure.

"She doesn't need any brutal therapy. Why do we need all this drama? She just wants to be happy." I wanted to ask Alana if she knew any good lesbian dating apps or maybe she had any sapphic friends in Europe. They could befriend Andrijana or just talk about things that bother her.

"She wants to be fucked by her bestie. Don't deny it. We all want to be fucked by someone. Especially if this someone is beautiful and unattainable."

"Why do you say such hateful things?" I opened my mouth in outrage.

"That's not hate. That's the truth. I don't remember you being very reluctant on our first night in the room."

I blinked. Fairytale went bad. I turned away. There were no tears in my eyes. She was right. I liked her immediately; no doubt, I wanted to have sex with her, but now I don't. My vacation will be over soon. I'll get on a plane and fly home.

"Are you mad at me?" Alana asked me as if nothing had happened.

"It's fine! Drive carefully. I don't want Andrijana to wake up while we're driving. We need to let her get some sleep: she'll be feeling very bad and broken soon."

"It's okay, she'll get over it. Besides, we'll be with her tonight."

"No, we'll take her home, and I'll drive straight back to the hotel. There will be less traffic on the road."

"Yes, that's a good idea! It'll be more pleasant to drive in the evening, not so hot. You're right, there's nothing to do in the mountains here. Mere boredom. Nature is all good, but I need some urban actions." Alana didn't feel my mood. She could not be blamed. What could she ever feel in me or about me: we have known each other for a couple of days.

I pretended to fall asleep. All the way I kept on scolding myself for having fallen for a stranger who turned out to be a real stranger.