Chapter 27

"What is she doing?" Alana blinked in the sunlight. She got closer to me, moving into position to get a better look.

"I'm not sure, I don't know." I mumbled tiptoeing.

We forgot about our personal issues immediately and started eyeing Andrijana and her companion.

Alana walked in their direction. I didn't stop her, because I was the first to go faster. We both stopped at a respectful distance so as not to stand out from the crowd, somewhere between an old stone bird bath fountain and a hibiscus bush. Not suspicious at all!

The scene that appeared to our sight was of a devastating lesbian misery and grief:

Andrijana was trying to tell Hana something, but the girl fluttered up from the bench like an angry stupid pigeon. She was a classic representative of her kind: long black unnaturally sleekly hair; ridiculous pony bangs; glamorous makeup: glossy pink lipstick, mascara, and other silly sparkles on her cheekbones. Her makeup, though nicely done, didn't complement hot weather and inevitable dewdrops of sweat. She wore a tight cyclamen dress that hardly covered her bun. On top of everything else, she had disgustingly long artificial nails... Andrijana, girl, why on Earth, have you fallen in love with HER?! Everything about Hana screams I'm straight and I want to seduce a man-ape.

Alana and I exchanged glances. I was sure she was silently asking exactly the same questions.

Hana dropped her black handbag. Andrijana picked it up and handed it to the girl. With a hiss, she tore the bag from Andrijana's shaking hands.

"Hana, let's discuss it, please! I can explain everything." Andrijana delicately, almost weightlessly touched her friend's shoulder.

"Don't touch me, pervert!" the girl yelped, wobbling on her high heels. English seems to be her mother tongue. I could hear a light accent of a person who knew the language perfectly well but practiced it only at home. She must be born to a mixed family.

I clenched my fists. I heard Alana puffing. I bet she understands that what is happening is merely her fault. Gosh, how I hate her now! I wish Alana could hit the road and head towards the airport without any possible delays.

"Hana, it's just me... we've been friends since I don't know when. It's still me."

"How many times did you see me changing my clothes? Uh?"

"Hana, I swear I would never do anything inappropriate..."

Andrijana made a step up towards her, but Hana slapped Andrijana on her face.