Chapter 16

"What?!" I shout in shock.
"You're already a month or two in. Are you sure you've just felt symptoms during the honeymoon?" Wanda asks.
"Yes, I'm sure. How can I be that far into..." My words fade as the realization sets in my head. That night, not too long before the wedding. My cheeks become hot and red.
"This is such a great thing, Y/N! Bucky is gonna be so happy!" Wanda squeals.
"Will he be?" I ask, placing a hand on my flat stomach.
"I know he will," she assures me.
But what if he's not? What if he runs away, or become scared of even being near me? I rub my stomach gently as various thoughts cross my mind.
Loud footsteps run up the stairs as Bucky appears in the doorway. His face settled when he saw Wanda beside me.
"What happened? Is she alright?" He rushes over to me, caressing my cheek with his warm hand.
"She's better than ok," Wanda smiles.
My husband looks back and forth between us. I take his other hand and gently place it on my stomach. His steel-blue eyes look towards my stomach, then widen and look back at me.
"Are you serious?" He asks, tears forming in his eyes.
"Bucky...I'm pregnant."
He chuckles and smashes his lips onto mine. I kiss him back before he pulls away, still smiling.
Wanda walks out of the room and heads downstairs, respectfully.
He gets on his knees and places his hands on my stomach. "Hey, in there, baby. This is Daddy. I am gonna take of you and love you so much. Please just be nice to Mommy these next few months." He places butterfly kisses there, making me chuckle.
Buck stands back up and kisses me again. "I love you so much. I promise that I will do everything to protect you and our child." He pulls me close and hugs me, but not too tightly.
A thought crossed my mind, causing me to wince.
Bucky pulled away, immediately worried. "Baby? What is it?"
"No, no, I'm fine. It's just...now we have to tell the others....and Dad."

My hands shake nervously as Dad hands each of us a glass of water. Bucky holds one of my hands under table. I was beyond nervous; I couldn't tell if Dad would be happy or scared or even turn on Bucky.
"Well, that's good you two had a good time in Italy. Me and your mother didn't go to such a grand place for our honeymoon, but we enjoyed it anyways."
He turned around and spotted the nervousness in my eyes. "Y/N, everything ok, honey-bunny?"
I look at Bucky, then back at my father, taking a deep breath. "Daddy, there's something we need to tell you."
Dad immediately sat down and looked at both of us. "What's going on?"
"Daddy...I'm pregnant."
He freezes in place for a moment, clearly in shock like I was.
Bucky looks at him, "Tony?"
Dad blinks and clears im his throat before speaking. "I-I'm gonna be a grandpa?"
I nod my head and he almost jumps out of his seat. He walks over to me and wraps me in a hug. Tears form in his eyes, "I'm so happy for you, sweetheart! This is incredible!"
I hesitantly hug him back, "You're- you're not angry or upset?"
"No, of course not! Why would I be?" Dad turns to Bucky, patting his back and looking him in the eye. "You take good care of my daughter and grandchild, Barnes. I find out otherwise, and you're in for it."
A hint of fear glistens in Bucky's eyes, making me chuckle. "Yes, sir."
"What's going on in here?" Nat and Steve walk in, looking at all of us.
I place a hand on my stomach and smile at my friends. Both of their eyes widen and they rush to me and Bucky, engulfing us in a hug.
Nat begins to cry, "I'm gonna be an aunt! It's about damn time."
Everyone laughs and we spend the rest of the time celebrating.