1

A'LANI SYMONE OWENS

"Lani, your new hearing aid just came in

"Lani, your new hearing aid just came in. Come get it!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

I'm currently at my moms house since Christmas is coming in 12 days and she wanted me to stay with her.

I jogged down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Why did it come here and not my apartment?" I take my old one out and put the new one in.

"I don't know. We can fix it tomorrow morning." I nodded I'm agreement.

I felt my phone buzz in my Nike shorts pocket.

bestie westie 👩🏾‍❤️‍💋‍👩🏽
Would like to FaceTime.

"Yes ma'am?" I do different faces in the camera. I love FaceTime. "Come down to the park. I'm bored." I saw her fanning herself telling me she was hot.

"Ok, imma be there in 10." Knowing damn well I ain't. We said our goodbyes and I hung up. "Mama I'll be back in a hour or so." I told her grabbing my keys.

"Alright baby, be safe I love you." She kissed my cheek. "Love you too suga." I don't know why I call people that but I just do.

I got inside of my all black Mercedes Benz and played my song then drove off.

Refill by Elle Varner

I feel like the girl at the bar who's been there too long can't stand up.
I should be gone but I just can't get enough, yeah!

Fumbling, giggling, silly as ever I get like this after one too many
But right now I ain't even been drinking

He approached me and asked for a minute which turned into five then turned into ten
And right now I don't know how to say
when

"So can I get a refill? Can I get a refill?" I turned my car off, still humming to the song and grabbed both of my electric hand fans and got out of the car.

I walk over to the bleachers and sit down by my best friend, niyah. "Hey bitch." I hand her one of the fans. She gasp. "Thank you bestie." She hugs me. "You welcome boo. I know dat ain't my nephew on the court." I pointed to niyahs 2 year old son Kingston. For a damn 2 year old he can speak real good.

"Yeah chile, Kj long neck ass wanted me to bring him to play basketball with him." Her and Kingstons dad had been together since 9th grade. He was a 10th grader going with a 9th grader.

Niyah got pregnant with king in 12th grade when Kj was here for spring break. We went up there to surprise him put found him cheating with a white bitch in the library.