ten

"Number two, what have I told you about not participating alongside the other children"

"Number two, what have I told you about not participating alongside the other children". Papa stood up in front of her, his eyes glaring at her.

Her hair buzzed and scratchy as she held onto a red cube, she never felt the urge to just be here. She didn't wanna use her powers, she didn't wanna hurt anyone on purpose.

Papa was making her into someone she didn't wanna be, ever since she was put in this place she felt alone. She wasn't like the other children.

It was only her and number three, brother and sister always beside one another. But today he was participating alongside the others.

Papa hated when two would refuse to use her powers, she was thirteen and latching out far more. He was losing his hold on her, rapidly.

"I don't wanna" she let the block fall along the floor, he sighed his eyes looking pass her at the two guards beside the doorframe.

"Put her in her room" they nodded grabbing hold of her dragging her out of the room, her eyes looked at number one for a brief second.

Then she was gone, put into her room for the rest of the day, leaving her utterly exhausted and bored. She hated herself, she hated the power she held.

She didn't want it, she never did. Part of her wish she could just make it go away forever, that she'd go home to her mother and father.

And just be normal, but she'd never have that. That was her punishment, she would always be destined to hate herself forever.

Violet groaned the second her eyes opened, she felt an endless agony on her entire body making her wanna cry out as she stood up.

She could smell the strong scent of smoke making her let out a shaky breath as she looked toward the source. The house before her burned rapidly, the distant sound of screeches entering the air.

"Do you think you could just leave me?" his voice was rough and deep as he appeared in front of her. She let out a weak laugh "I'm gonna burn this place to the ground, and I'm gonna take you with it".

She hissed out in pain her fingers latching into her side. Blood seeping out at an rapid pace "you will do no such thing, you'll die soon".

"I'll die saving my friends then" his laugh was loud, it likely could be heard for miles. "You have no friends Violet! You are nothing without me".

She sighed "I'm tired of you thinking I'm your property, I can do well on my own". She stood up as much as she could walking forward.