18

"Actually, it's my fault

"Actually, it's my fault. I should've taken better care of them."

***

"I thought it was over."

The deep voice sounded firm, but weak at some point as well. When the boys turned back, he was already levitated on the air by the smoke.

"I trusted dad with them. He promised to stop forever. But he lied."

The boy seemed already very emotional and Jimin at once tried to jump onto him, but luckily Seokjin pulled him back before he could touch the boy and gave him a cold glare.

"Let him speak."

He whispered.

"We need to hear the story from him, and we can start to encourage him when he gets aggressive."

Saying that, he turned his attention back to the boy.

"Dad promised that he had changed, but he didn't. Instead, he became even crazier and more abusive."

His eyes filled with tears, holding them back made them look red. He looked back at the wall, where the door was supposed to be. It had just disappeared.

"He hated mom, but wouldn't let her go, as her job brought a lot of money. He abused her and took all of her money and used up all of it for partying and drinking."

He said that with a sad expression, but then made an eye contact with Hoseok, making him freeze on his spot, but the younger smiled.

"Hoseok hyung reminds of my sister. She used to be so naive, it made me want to protect her forever. So, when dad started to hit us, I always made sure that she wasn't around when Dad was near. I didn't want her to see Dad hitting us or get hit by him herself. She wouldn't have been able to take it."

The smoke increased, turning into a darker shade, yet Seokjin refused to let Jimin speak, while Jungkook stayed hiding behind Hoseok, scared.

"Mom understood that he only wanted her money and so, left the job, thinking it would solve the problem. But the opposite happened. Instead, he started becoming more and more abusive towards her. He hit her everyday, every chance he got to."

His eyes became darker, the smoke increased, going to the next level.

"That day when I saved Hoseok hyung, I was going back home to tell mom that we were going to leave that place, doesn't matter if we have to live on the streets. We'll make some excuse up to tell my sister. But, when I came home to that, it was it."

He started to breath heavily, clutching his fists tight as the tears started to roll down his cheeks, but he held an angry expression.

"What did he even think he was doing?!! DID HE THINK OF MOM AS HIS SERVANT?! A PUPPET?!!"

He screamed at what it seemed like was directed to the boys. Seokjin finally tried to speak, but was cut of the boy again.

"Actually, it's my fault. I should've taken better care of them."