Prologue: Hidden Despair (Part 1)

Ah‚ at long last.

After a long and exhausting trip on the airship‚ I finally stand here within the walls of the glorious Créme Republic. A place known for its advanced technologies, unique architectures, and stable government. Being here in person is an astonishing experience! From the Elders, to the glistening warm waters of the sea, this place makes you want to stay here forever! The cookies here are very welcoming to visitors, too. However, I wasn't here for the touring. Yes, the Créme Republic has so many features that many other places don't have, but that's not the main reason I'm here. I'm here, because I was selected to be one of the first students to attend the brand new Hope's Peak Academy!

Hope's Peak Academy was founded by the great cookie himself, Pure Vanilla Cookie! In collaboration with the Créme Republic and its Consul, Clotted Cream Cookie, this school was built to raise and create hope for everyone all around Earthbread! In order to attend, you need to be in high school and have a talent that you're particularly good at. If you meet both of those requirements, you have to be recruited by the school itself! Which that alone, makes the chances of you enrolling here very slim. Fortunately for me, I was one of the lucky students to come here!

 Fortunately for me, I was one of the lucky students to come here!

Perhaps I should introduce myself. My name is Sir Eclair Cookie! I have been chosen by Hope's Peak Academy to be one of their students as the 'Ultimate Historian'! Before we go on, I just want to talk a little about myself. At a young age, I was always fascinated by historical figures. My favorite one has to be Tea Knight Cookie! He fought so many battles with his impenetrable armor and he has never lost a battle in his entire life! In my regular school life, I have a few friends that I hang out with. They've always supported me in my journey of becoming an owner of a museum one day. And as good friends‚ we've always been there for each other, even through the hardest of times. Of course, we've also had our differences. We would have countless discussions about whether milk belonged on coffee or not. In the end, even after all the pointless fights and dramas we've had, we've always stuck together. And I'm very grateful for having them by my side.

On my way to Hope's Peak Academy, I could hear many cookies around me talking about the other students 'Ultimates' that were also going to attend with me.

Most of them spoke about one that was called the Ultimate Picnic Planner, which is a strange title for an Ultimate, but I'm not in the right to judge it. There were other titles that were said, like the Ultimate Commander, the Ultimate Mentor, and the Ultimate Sailor that made a bit more sense. I've heard other titles being talked about, but I didn't hear anyone talk about my title not once. I guess not that many cookies are that interested in talking about it.

 I guess not that many cookies are that interested in talking about it