·˚𝙭𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙞𝙞. ༘༄ ꒰𝘚𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭꒱ؘ*ੈ✩

•°

•°.✩.°•

"Marc?" Khonshu mumbled to himself, locking gaze with Heka.

"Y/N!" Heka sensed your presence too.

Just as Ammit swung forward to attack them, both the gods vanished into thin air.

── 。゚: *. .* :. ───

You gasped as the air whooshed into your lungs and you rolled over to lay on your front, panting from loss of breath as the bleeding in your abdomen slowly began to reduce.

"Heka," you croaked, losing your balance as you remained on your elbows. You blinked when you caught a hint of Heka's staff in the air in front of you.

"I feel the torment inside of you," Heka voiced out. 

Your life flashed before your eyes: Running through the forest with Marc, Roro, and Marcus; Saying goodbye to Marc as you moved away with your family.

"Do you swear to protect the patron of magic and those who do them harm?"

Helping Steven calm down from a panicked frenzy when you were running away from Harrow back in London; Kissing Marc in the hotel in Cairo while he held you in his arms delicately, pouring out the feelings he had been holding within himself; Exchanging a smile with Layla on the boat as the purple light shone on her; Kissing Layla in the dark alley; Steven looking at you in adoration as you finished a statement about Egyptian mythology for him;

"Rise and live again,"

The bullet fell to the ground in front of you with a clang as your Cerulean Sorceress suit wrapped around your body. The Moon Kight armor encased Marc as he locked eyes with you just as the mask closed over his face.

He nodded slowly, a smile slowly stretching across his face, "Alright. Here we go."

Bith of you walked out of the dig site together.

Khonshu and Heka were already waiting for you both. Shadowed against the sun, the god stood beside a rock structure at the top of a nearby dune. To beckon them closer, he turned away when they approached.

"Khonshu, Heka," Marc addressed them as you both walked towards the gods.

"I knew you'd miss us," Khonshu gloated.

"You didn't have too much fun, did you?" Heka watched you both, planting his staff on the sand below.

"Dunno," you curved your lips downwards in thought, "What about you?"

"Eh," he let out a derisive noise of disgust at the mere thought of Ammit and Harrow.

"Layla turned you down, didn't she?" Marc questioned Khonshu knowingly.

But Khonshu avoided his question, "Ammit has been freed. I was not strong enough to stop her. Marc Spector, Y/N Bishop, we need your help to"

The suit changed and Steven spoke, "Ah, just curious about something," he raised a finger in thought, "How's this whole new arrangement gonna work then?"

"Steven Grant, I was not speaking to you," Khonshu stomped his staff on the sand below.

"Yeah, all right. But we do come as like a package deal now, so you are gonna have to deal with me," Steven stated, "And we did just save your life, so you're welcome for that,"

Heka and Khonshu exchanged an annoyed look between themselves.

"But I do think that you should answer my question though," he glanced behind him and sat on the rock behind him, "How's this deal gonna work?"

"Yeah, I'm kinda curious too," you butted in, grinning at the visibly uncomfortable gods.

Steven scooted over the rock to give you some space and you sat down next to him, feeling his palm rest on your lower back.

"You would negotiate now, with so much at stake?" Khonshu questioned incredulously.

"Well, we did learn from the best, you silly old bird," Steven chuckled, crossing one leg over the other.

"Are you insane?!" Heka thundered down at you both.

You and Steven looked at each other before turning to the gods, "Does that really have to be answered?" you questioned mockingly.

"Fine," Khonshu vowed, "We'll free you both,"

"You have our word," Heka added.

"Mmm. I like the sound of that," Steven sturdily nodded his head forward and got back up to his feet, "Good. Glad we got that all sorted out. Now, how the heck are we gonna get to Cairo?"

You stood up from the rock and stood beside him.

"You forget, little worm, I am still the God of the Night Sky!" Khonshu hollered in might, raising his hands above his head.

The full moon shone over your heads, a bright white light illuminating the desert while the sand began swirling beneath their feet with a hint of cerulean blue.

Steven looked at you for any direction, but you only shrugged with a look, as though to say 'just roll with it'.

"All right, you know what?" Steven extended his arms and rushed out, "I think you can take this one, Marc,"

"Ugh, morons!" Heka grumbled in irritation.

"Hurry up, idiots!" Khonshu snapped in impatience.

── 。゚: *. .* :. ───