Late for school!!!

I opened my eyes only to see the plain white ceiling directly above me. The morning sun was shadowed by all the other apartment buildings in Tokyo. I turned by head slightly to check the time on my digital clock. The numbers were in a bright green colour and it stated that it was 8:00am. I was shocked! School started in half an hour and I was still tucked into my bed. I got out and ran into the bathroom unaware of the slippery surface. I slipped and landed head first on the marble tiles. Despite my pain, I was determined to go to school early as I could not go to detention for the tenth time. I lived in the twentieth floor of my apartment. My mum had prepared me some delicious Miso Soup before going to work an hour ago. The soup was still warm and I drank it in one gulp. I rushed into the elevator and kept pressing the ground floor button. The elevator was descending and I took a deep breath to prepare myself for more running in the streets. Suddenly, the elevator stopped, the lights switched off and the fan stopped working. I looked around for a few seconds and then spotted the bright yellow emergency button. I pressed it distress multiple times but nothing had happened. All power was gone even the back up power. It was as dark as night and as a quiet as a mouse. Sweat poured down the side of my face and a chill ram down my spine. Desperate to get out, I began thinking of ways to escape.