17| The brand new begining

After the party, Lilly and Clint moved all of Lilly's things back to their shared apartment. Josh and Tyler were happy that they had made up and were back together. They were now a group again with the addition of Natasha. The group of five was happy and spent time with each other.

Clint, Lilly, and Natasha were sitting in the cafeteria at the base having lunch after a training session and were joking around when David and someone that was quite familiar to Clint and Lilly sat at their table. Clint's jaw clenched when his eyes fell on Jason. Lilly noticed Clint's tenseness and did her best to relax him. David was someone that was in the same training division as Lilly and Clint when they started. David always had eyes on Lilly ever since he found out who she was, which would make Clint want to rip him apart. David sitting awfully close to Lilly making her uncomfortable. Clint noticed and placed an arm protectively around her waist.

"Jason, what the hell are you doing here?" Lilly sneered, looking at Jason who sat himself next to Natasha.

"I work here. Why else would I be here." Jason says, with a smirk.

"Good to know." Clint mumbles. "Now next question. Why are you working here? This isn't exactly the place for someone who still breaks the law."

"Oh like you haven't." Jason spits back.

"No asshole. I dropped out and turned my life around. Unlike you who still breaks the law like it doesn't exist."

Lilly turns to David sick and tired of him moving closer and closer to her. "Will you quit moving closer to me? What are you scared of something in here?"

"I don't see you around much," David says, a smirk on his face.

"Because I have another job. I am only part-time here." Lilly says rolling her eyes.

"Agent Cooper and whoever you are, why don't you leave us in peace and let us finish our lunch before something bad happens to the two of you," Natasha says, narrowing her eyes at David.

"What could you three possibly do? I mean Lilly probably can't do a whole lot anyways." Jason says.

Clint could tell he was testing Lilly and when he looked at her, she looked as if she was going to blow. Lilly slams her stuff onto the table and gets up from her seat and walks over to Jason. With that she gives him a good punch in his face, hearing a satisfying crack in his nose.

"You know, some people have changed from High School. But clearly, you haven't." Lilly says, before returning to her seat.

Natasha and Lilly then exchange glances and the two elbow the boys in the stomach quite hard. The two boys double over and wheeze. The girls smile sweetly like they didn't do anything. David and Jason walk away, struggling to walk away.

"I hate how he still has that effect over me," Clint says with a sigh.

"How do you both know him." Natasha questions.

"We both knew him from High School," Lilly said.

"Why do I have a feeling it's more than that." Natasha pushes.

"Do you remember when I told you that I did underground fighting?" Clint says. Natasha nods. "Well, he was also a fighter but kept it going for ages. From as far as I know he still does it."

"Oh." Natasha nods in understanding.

Clint, Lilly, and Natasha return back to eating and their a conversation before the boys had come to their table.

(6 months later)

Clint walks into Stark Towers. Tony had a metal detector etc in security but Clint, Natasha, and Lilly never had to go through security. After Lilly had told Tony what Paige said Tony fired her and got a new Receptionist but Lilly and Clint didn't know who it was. Tyler and Josh didn't like the new receptionist. That's all they knew. Clint walked through the double glass doors and walked past reception, going up to Tony's office. Clint was about to walk to the elevators when he heard a voice he never thought he would ever hear again. He turns around to see Veronica sitting at the desk. Clint rolls his eyes and sighs, walking over to the front desk.