Chapter 4- The starting line

Y/n P.O.V.

It had been one week since the entrance exam. It was currently nighttime as my mother and I were over at Midoriya's house for dinner. It had been such a long time since we've come over so I simply suggested it after the exam. But this... was kinda awkward. Little to no words were spoken between us. My mother was busy making sure I had good table manners while I was looking around the room nervously. She was kinda strict like that... 

Though this did feel a little weird honestly. It felt like it had been too long since we've seen Inko last. Over the last few years in middle school, our families had become a bit distant from each other. Not that there was any bad blood between us... simply that... things just got complicated. 

The awkward silence continued as Inko decided to finally break it with a comment of her own.

Inko "T-thank you for helping me with the cooking, dear" Inko smiled nervously at me, trying to ease the situation. 

I responded with a shy smile back, though inside I was dying on the inside. The awkward silence from before had been broken. Yet I still couldn't help but get nervous again. I tried my best not to let it show, however. 

Y/n: "Its no problem, Miss Midoriya." I nodded toward the green-haired woman in response. "Just happy to help" She gave me a small, yet genuine smile. 

Inko: "Oh, please dear. Just call me Inko" She shook her head gently. "I've known you all your life so please, just call me Inko" I smiled lightly once more nodding in agreement as I began eating my food. 

Y/n: "I hope it came out good..." I muttered as I took a bite out of the cooked fish on my plate. 

Shirona: "I'm sure it came out amazing, son" Mom replied smiling warmly at me and giving me a slight pat on the shoulder. 

Y/n: "Thank you" I mumbled quietly with a slight blush on my face. 

After the briefest moment of silence, I turned to look at Midoriya.

Y/n: "So, is it good Midoriya?" I said looking over toward him. Though he didn't respond, only stared with fish eyes and a broken smile at the fish in between his chopsticks. 

Inko: "Izuku

Inko: "Izuku...? Izuku?" Inko repeatedly called out again as she looked over toward him worriedly. "Snap out of it" She said shaking his arm gently as I heard a loud. 

Izuku: "GAH!" escape from him. Midoriya quickly pulled away and looked down at his food as he tried to calm himself down. 

Y/n: "Hey uh... bud, you doing okay?" I asked concerned by what happened. 

Izuku: "O-oh, y-yeah! S... Sorry about that. Just spaced out for a minute" He apologized slightly as he grabbed a hold of his chopsticks and started to pick up more food to take to his mouth. 

Shirona: "Are you sure? You seem really shaken up..." Mom questioned further, worried for Izuku. 

Izuku: "Y-yeah, I'll be okay" He reassured her. After he finished eating, he turned toward me with the same broken smile and a light blush on his cheeks. "Sorry Y/n, I guess I kinda spaced out"